Hello everyone. I've been waiting a while for my intrinsic factor test result. Decided to chase up the doctors to see what was happening. Phoned them up this morning and found they already had the test result back- returned negative result. Not too surprised. (but wondering if they were actually planning on telling me the result at any point?, doesn't seem like it...)
I've got a routine doctors appointment booked for a couple of weeks time.
Had the doctors appointment resulting in referral for endoscopy on the 11/06. Apparently there is such a long waiting list (5 months) that the hospital have stopped sending appointment letters out, so heard nothing from them at any point. The plan for my appointment is to ask the doctor about getting the endoscopy done at a hospital other than my local one.
I'm a bit confused how this all works- the NHS choices web sites suggest waiting times for procedures can be compared- I think the site is broken as it says no data available when looking at endoscopy wait times at all local hospitals so I'm none the wiser on that front.
Hopefully its not a foolish idea to pitch up and ask my doctor their opinion with regards to hospital choice/waiting times? Not really bother about a bit of travel provided I can get the procedure done in reasonable time.