Newbie!

Hi, I'm new. Was diagnosed 2 yrs ago and my previous surgery gave me b12 injections every 12 weeks no issue. I just turned up and got the jab.

I've now moved to Southampton, 35 mins away from my last surgery, only to be told I have to see a gp who will give me prescriptions for my jabs.

Has anyone else had this and will it cost me?

I'm going to be 4 was overdue for my jab so hope there's no issue with the pins and needles and anxiety I suffer when I don't have the jabs.

Thanks

Lyn

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Even though you weren't aware of it the injections would have been done under prescription at your last surgery - just that all the paperwork got dealt with in the background.

As you aren't going to a pharmacist to collect the stuff I wouldn't expect you to be charged at all - would be really unfair if you were as the stuff costs less than £1 - nearer 60p

As you are moving surgery I would actually expect them to do a review for professional reasons before prescribing anything to you. However, that doesn't mean that it is a foregone conclusion and some people do experience problems but cross that bridge if you actually come to it.

• Thank. Apparently I will have to take the prescription Tito a pharmacy to get the drug. Will see how it plays out.

A tad annoyed they never mentioned it when I switched, esp as I told them 3 mths ago I needed b12. Turned up on the day to find this out?.

Oh well!

• My friends son has to collect script from phamacy then take the phail to nurse to administer. He doesnt pay but receives benefits so that might exclude him from charge.

• It is a free prescription for anyone. Life supporting medication

You may also like...