Help needed

Hi everyone hope someone can help. Was diagnosed with pa about 3 years ago and think I have finally got it under control (hopefully) with injection every 8 weeks and seems to work well. Have also just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for which I am taking medication but I think this is a longer term thing to get under control. Have to go to dentist in a couple of weeks for filling which of course means an injection. As I haven't had any injections since being diagnosed and am quite neurotic 😁 about upsetting balance of b 12 can anyone reassure me that it will not affect b12. Many thanks for reading this post

Kind regards moppet

4 Replies

• Hi,

Hopefully your dentist would know. I'm aware that some drugs affect the uptake of B12.

There's a list in "Could It be B12" by Sally Pacholok.

What type of filling are you having? I read once that methyl B12 reacts with mercury (present in amalgam).

• Hi sleepybunny many thanks for your reply I will look up the links. I am having a white filling.

Kind regards

• The main anaesthetic interaction with B12 is nitrous oxide - which is given as gas not as injection. Not aware of any other anaesthetic interactions. Your dentist will check on interactions if you tell him that you have a B12 problem. Think B12 has generally been better covered at dentistry schools than it has for other medics, as one of the ways of diagnosing was a swollen tongue.

Hope the link sleepybunny supplied helped to reassure you

• Hi Gambit many thanks for your reply. The links sleepybunny gave have indeed reassured me. Always concerned anything might disrupt b12!!!

You may also like...