Thank you

Dear all,

Thank you for all your blogs. I'll let you know how the treatment goes. I'm feeling a bit under the weather but I think it is a cold rather than a side effect. I found out that taxoxifen is an oestrogen blocker though I thought when you had your ovaries removed you didnt have any oestrogen in your body! They must know what they are doingx

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I thought that too but I am taking letrozole following my additional breast cancer and was told that we produce oestrogen in the fatty tissues as well! Good luck!

Margaret!

• Hi! They will know what they are doing, don't worry! If you still have questions why don't you give Ruth a ring on 0845 371 0554. She staffs the Ovacome helpline and is a nurse. She will be able to reassure you, I am sure. Good luck with the new treatment :-)

Love Wendy xx

• Best wishes with you treatment love x G x :-)

• Yes, oestrogen is produced from fatty tissue, even after ovaries removed. (I am retired GP)

All best wishes.

Love,

Eileen xx

• Try to stay calm, as you are, and as the treatment gets going you will find a new - if not fully comfortable - equilibrium and push on through. Treat your cold and yourself with kindness, won't you?

Love

Sue xxx