Any experiences of having a borderline ovarian tumour removed but keeping both ovaries?

Hi there,

I'm new here and had a borderline ovarian tumour removed in late October as it was found whilst having surgery for endometriosis. I have since had a clear CT scan and a further op for biopsies to be taken which were all clear. As a result I was staged as early stage 1 and I am being monitored at 3 monthly intervals.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experience of keeping both their ovaries? My consultant favoured a conservative approach as I am 26 and have no children yet however everything I have read seems to talk about having the effected ovary removed....

Thanks

Al

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Al, Ovacome has some really lovely support nurses, if I were you I'd phone them up and have a chat about this. They are experts in OC and could ask you a bit more about your situation and hopefully reassure you! All the best, Rachel

• I had a borderline stage 1A Tumour removed the end of April last year it was huge, I had to have a total hysterectomy along with omentum removal, i'm under the oncologist for the next 5 years. I would imagine you are better chatting like said with the support nurses.

• Thanks for both your responses, sorry for the slow reply but been back at uni trying to catch up and my energy levels have been slow to return.

I have spoken to one of the nurses who was very helpful and I have some questions to ask the oncologist when I see him for my first three month check up next week.

Thanks again and all the best.

Al

You may also like...