I saw my chemo Dr for my first follow up (after six chemo and debulking) last week and unfortunately it's back ( ca125 of 180)
So no remission for me, I was stage 3, don't know what I am now.
She said she would arrange a CT scan very urgently and then probably start me on weekly Taxol and to expect a phone call from the scan dept.
I have rang the scan dept and they haven't received the request and urgent requests are a three to six waiting time.
I rang the chemo dr secretary but the chemo dr is out sick, to be fair the chemo dr has always been efficient, so I think it's in the system probably.
I'm worried about the scan delaying the start of my treatment.
I'm waiting for a specialist nurse to call back, my normal one is also off sick.
However my questions are
Is a three week delay something to worry about?
If I pay fora scan myself does that take me out of the NHS?
If not how do I go about it?