Well, after my CA-125 rose from 10 to 69 in the 3 months from my first post treatment check up, with no symptoms and feeling like the poster girl for great health after treatment, I was too stunned to wait and see until my arranged Oncology appointment on 15 of October and CT scan on 7 of October,
So I had another blood test run this Tuesday.
Results came back Friday morning. CA-125 rose to 101 in a week and a half.
So, there I am. Pretty certain I am on my way to a recurrence.
Suddenly, I am not in a hurry for treatment, but resigned to having it.
Therefore, I have decided to spend the next three weeks preparing. Getting my finances in order for our little business and taking care of all the maintenance jobs involved.
Also planning to splurge on restaurants that have an interesting Vegan menu, as I know I won’t be into eating later on.
Have let my family know what might be happening. I really can’t think of any other cause for the rising CA-125 levels.
One good thing, is that I am BRCA1 positive, so I am confident that treatment will be successful and that afterwards I can go in Olaparib.
Downside is that I have a weird blood syndrome that causes my bone marrow to get very depressed during chemo and I am worried about the Olaparib causing the same problem, and I want to be on it forever, but I don’t want to keep having blood transfusions for the rest of my life...
Meanwhile, I am in great shape now, so I do not expect to be as disabled this time as I was on first line, and I know how to fight the nausea and indigestion. Shame about the hair though...
Best wishes to you all,
PS: any hints about Olaparib side effects, let me know!