I messaged about a week ago as my mum has been told she has PPC. She was sent to hospital about a month ago by her GP as her stomach was swollen (which we now know is ascites). She was sent for a CT scan and the following week she had to return to hospital as she could hardly breath. We were then told she had cancer and she was admitted to hospital and her stomach was drained a couple of days later. They could not get a biopsy so they tested the fluid.
She has then been since then that they think it is PPC rather than OC. She was then referred to a different hospital. We went there on Monday but she has been told that she has to have her stomach drained again as the build up is getting quite bad again but that they need to try and get another biopsy as they can not say for definite that the PPC is the primary cancer.
We have been told it be around 4 weeks before any chemo treatment starts (they have said that they think she will have 3 rounds of chemo, surgery if possible and then another 3 rounds of chemo). This just seems like a long time to wait but I'm not sure. I know they need to be certain but there seems to no urgency. Sorry for the message Sarah x