Docetaxel (Taxotere) for Ovarian cancer

Hi

I am new to this forum and was just wondering if anyone here has been given Docetaxel (Taxotere) for their ovarian cancer?

I started off with Carboplatin and Paclitaxel, but I had a severe allergic reaction to Paclitaxel on the first attempt and consequently it was stopped and my oncologist decided to go ahead with just Carboplatin. I've had 4 cycles of Carboplatin and instead of decreasing my levels of CA125 have increased.

As I can't have Paclitaxel my oncologist is going to try Carboplatin along with Docetaxel as from this Thursday. I was hoping someone else has had experience with this combination and what kind of results it produced.

Pxx

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello!

Me, me, me! I also had an allergic reaction to paclitaxel, but in my second round. I was swapped to docetaxel for rounds 3-6, and it was absolutely fine. I still got to NED at the end of treatment (September 2016). I think the side effects are very similar to paclitaxel, and I coped fine.

Good luck with it.

Vicki x

• Thank you Vicki, it really helps to know that someone else has had the same experience. Fingers crossed my CA125 starts a downward trend after I start the Docetaxel tomorrow!

Pxx

• Let us know how you get on. I'll be thinking of you.

Vx

• HI , Just read your post good luck hope all goes well..Lorraine 💙💙

• Thank you both for your kind thoughts, it didn't go very well unfortunately as I had another anaphylactic reaction and it had to be stopped a few minutes in. Hopefully they can sort something else out.

Pxx

• Oh no 😧 That is such a shame. I hope they can set you up with something else instead.

• Thank you Vicki xx

You may also like...