Avastin Caused Permanent Kidney Damage - Looking at Dialysis

HELP...........

It appears Avastin has caused permanent kidney damage and I will now require dialysis to clean out my kidneys (probably 3 times a week).

Is anybody on dialysis while on chemo????????? I thought I was doing everything right and yet I hit another brick wall. I am trying hard to stay strong but I am looking to see others who may be going through chemo that, too, have some form of kidney damage (from Avastin or any other reason).

CAN ANYBODY HELP????

Nancy

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have CKD3 thanks to carboplatin which makes me wonder what it's packed out with. I hope all goes well for you. Is the damage permanent?

LA xx

• They believe it is but will determine definitely VERY soon. Is yours?? What is a treatment plan with CKD?? Thanks for reaching out.

Nancy

❤️❤️🙏🙏

• Hi Nancy. Ive not experienced what you have but just wanted to let you know Im thinking of you and hope you are ok. Sending you a big hug, Kathy xx

• Hi Nancy I have two,kidney stents now and have been told I'm in kidney failure, at the moment they are keeping a very close eye on my kidneys as,I am on weekly taxol, I keep getting infections and have been in hospital a number of times because of kidney infections, they are painful, so not sure what step for my kidneys are!!

I'm sorry I can't help with more than that, wishing you all the best and will be interested in the answers you get

Karen

Xxx

• I took 2 treatments of Avastin. It caused so many side effects and my doctor said it was too toxic for my body. It hurt my kidneys but not to the point I had to go on dialysis. I hate this for you. I pray it's reversible. Your post is the only negative I've read about Avastin. I thought I was the only one. My kidney function has just returned almost to normal in March. I haven't had any chance or Avastin since Sept. It's taken this long. Prayers for the best for you.

• I meant chemo.

• Wow 6 months to return to normal!!!! I'm hoping mine turn around!! I am so glad to hear you are doing better. What types of treatment have you been on?? Best wishes to you.

🙏🙏

• Hi Nancy. I'm so sorry that this is happening to you and hope that the kidney damage can be reversed. It's so frustrating that despite doing everything right you get a complication like this😬 I'm keeping you close to my heart and wishing you the Very best health and outcome. D

• Thanks Dee. How are you doing?? I hope the wedding was amazing. How is your treatment plan going?? Always thinking of you too my friend!! 🙏🙏❤️❤️

You may also like...