Appointment

Sitting here feeling so anxious and sick with worry, I have my first appointment tomorrow with onc after finishing treatment in September. Bloods done Monday including ca125, it feels like the waiting game all over again.

I know this is normal but was hoping I would not feel like this, last night heard a song on the radio,[ climb every mountain] from The Sound Of Music and just sobbed.

Ellsey xx

33 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Big hugs wishing you all the best xx

• Thank you.

Ellsey xx

• Awww Ellsey, the waiting for results is awful. I had scan results a couple of weeks ago . I'm fine now until I get in the consulting room by which time every time my husband opens his mouth I rip into him lol. He's used to it, you'd think he'd learn just to sit quietly instead of saying stupid things like 'It'll be fine'! . Anyway I'm sending you a big hug and best wishes for tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on. xx Kathy xx

• Thank you Kathy I will let you all know how I get on.

• Waiting does makes us feel anxious but I try and tell myself that the results are already decided and no amount of worrying is going to change it.

My best wishes for a good result. If you feel up to it, have a glass of wine and an early night.

Good luck! Helen

• Thanks Helen I am going to think the same as you.

Ellsey xx

• Hi ellsey

Know just what you mean. Very hard to concentrate on anything, other than results.

Hope everything goes well !

Take care

Judy x

• Thanks Judy think I'll take a sleeping pill tonight

Ellsey xx

• Hope everything goes well for you, xx

• Hi Ellsey. I know what you mean. Had my scan this Tuesday and get results 11th November. I just keep telling myself I can't change the results so no point worrying at the moment. Easier said than done. I hope you have good results tomorrow. Everything is crossed for you.🌻🍀

• Wierd thing is I have not had a scan just the full bloods including ca125.

Ellsey xx

• That horrid Scanxiety feeling - even if no scan is done!!! You want to be positive and hopeful however a little part of your mind seems to be able to shout louder than the larger rational part doesn't it!?! I hope you have a good meeting and good results and let us know how it goes please. We are all rooting for you Ellsey. Sending big hugs for you

Take care

Clare x

• You are so right Clare, it won't be quiet.

Ellsey xx

• Aaaaw ellsey, sending you big hugs and praying all will be well for you. lots of love Julie xxx

• Thank you Julie, we've all been to hell and back but we all just get back up.

Need to keep telling myself everything will be fine.

Ellsey xx

• So many of us feel exactly the same no matter how many times you tell yourself not to worry... it will be fine.,. I can't change things.... you still build yourself up into a big ball of nerves ... I went last week for my results I put on a sparkly dress as outward show of being positive and the Ned was given to me so matter of fact by my onc whilst staring at computer screen while I thought she was looking up my neuropathy ... she has just said ur ct is clear... didn't think I heard right such massive news for me didn't seem so to my onc... I just wish you all the best ellsey your not on your own ... big hugs 🤗

• Oh you made me smile, Shellygirl, with your sparkly dress and your underwhelmed onc. This would make a lovely cartoon :)

Ellsey - all the best for tomorrow. The thing is to sing 'Climb every Mountain' and stand tall whatever.

• I was rocking the dress lol... girls just got to have fun 😃

• Thank you, I will be walking in there tomorrow looking good

Ellsey xx

• You go girl !!! 👍🏻😃

• Thank you Shellygirl, I know all the wonderful ladies understand.

Ellsey xx

• Sending you best wishes I hope everything goes well for you☺

• Thank you

• Nothing like an oncology appointment for sending us into a major wobble I find. Brings back all the horror of diagnosis and adds an extra dose of anxiety. This week my CNS (who I haven't seen for a year) sat in on my onc meeting...I went into melt down thinking this must be bad news but she was just babysitting the registrar.

I hope your appointment goes well ... take care Lx

• Thank you Lynda have to learn how to cope with these appointments as I know there will be many

Ellsey xx

• Just want to wish you the best for Thursday, it is an anxious time no doubt about that but I really hope all will go well.

• Thank you I know you have been through so much yourself, I need to be more positive today and get on with it.

Ellsey xx

• Big hugs I was like that at the beginning of September had my CT scan then a week later had my bloods done got the results on the same day not to bad for waiting. I go back on the 6th December for my next results I'm am starting to think about it again, I suppose we will be like this and it will be normal for us to worry and feel sick hope all goes well keep positive take care.

Tess66

Xxx

• Ah thanks Tess xx

• Hi. You know I am in the same position as you. Will get scan result 16th Nov I try to forget but it crops up especially at 3am. Stay pos as much as possible. Best wishes

• Dear Ellsey

As I always seem to be a day later than anyone else getting posts you have probably had your appt already. I hope it all went well. Thinking of you.

XXX

• I hope your results were good and you feel settled again xo

• Thanks Julie I hope you are doing well, not seen you post in a while.

Had a scan yesterday back with onc Wednesday night for results, but feeling very positive.

Hugs Ellsey xx

You may also like...