In need of a it of food news

Just come back from prof to be told my latest scan showed marginal growth. I was doing well after 5 tumour had shrunk but now after 8 has grown slightly. This is my 4 th line chemo and the first not to finish in remission. Both my husband and I are struggling to remain positive which we normally are. To compound things I have. Clot on the lung which needs to be sorted before more treatment. My question is anyone been like this and went onto have a different chemo which worked.

6 Replies

• Hi Michelle, look its only marginal growth, he may do a watch and wait or just start while you are well enough to have chemo. They all differ in their approach. There are other chemos out there. I would imagine the prof will do the best possible for you. You have to get the clot sorted first which is a nuisance. So far I have been lucky, I have got a break between treatments. Do you have a gynae liason nurse you can ring tomorrow for a chat or perhaps ring your CNS in your oncology unit. You and hubby have to stay positive, I know that is easy for me to say in the circumstances. sending you kind thoughts

• Thanks Suzuki. What you say is very true. Thanks for your kind words

• There are many treatments, like Gemzar which I have had twice, and I know Caelyx is also around and Topectocan. We are hoping here that the Parp trial will prove successful and it will be brought on stream during the year.

• Hi, I'm sorryvi can't be of help answering your question. I just want you to know I'm thinking of you. Good luck. Ann xo

• Hi Michelle,like you I finished 1st line chemo,then on maintenance Avastin Cancer progressed,then 2nd line chemo finished Dec,reduced tumours and CA 125.there are girls here on 4-5 line chemo.Try not to worry ,I know it's a very difficult thing to do,but,your on the start of your journey not the finish! 😀xx

• Thank you ladies for your kind words and support This is my 4 th line chemo. I was also on avastin for a year but ca125 rose. I know there's more drugs out there and trying to remain positive. Just having a wobble

You may also like...