I've been holding off commenting on the new site until I saw how it's shaping up. I know there are issues the team is working on but here goes anyway.
1. I appreciate that the site had to be rebuilt to deal with capacity issues, etc. However, before embarking on this the team really should have surveyed the members to find out what we liked about the arrangement of the site and what irritated us. If they did and I missed it, apologies.
2. I do hope the logging in issue gets fixed really quickly as it's a major pain!
3. So far, I think the site-generated tagging is RUBBISH. If this is to continue we should be able to delete the stupid ones and put in our own. Furthermore, where are we supposed to search for tags??
4. Where is the A-Z search function in the members' directory? ...And the Search in my area?
5. What's this stuff about choosing a category from 'the above' when there's nothing to choose from?
I think that will do for now. Sorry guys, but your work is far from over. Please don't see this as anti you. It's just that I'm on the side of the site and want it to be the best it can be because I value it so much.