OvaCare
1,504 members944 posts

Second surgery

Asked for second opinion at Royal Marsden to see if I can have second surgery. It is the Consultant who does plasmajet. More than one tumour in peritoneum. No organs involved stable at moment. Anyone had similar experience. HGS 3 c .

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi just had 2nd surgery for reoccurrence I had upper vagina removal and3 lymph nodes removed. I start chemo on 7th June.

Ellsey xx

Sorry you in recurrence and wising you a speedy recovery and good luck with your chemo. My case was going to the MDT today so fingers crossed. If I am not accepted for surgery I have at least tried and gone for that second opinion. Thank you for replying

Hope they say yes to 2nd surgery, sending you virtual hugs.

Ellsey xx

1 like

Hello Mlowery, how did you get on at The Marsden? Did you ask about the Plasmajet treatment? Thanks

Hi Do you know what not heard from them- My husband has rang the secretary about 4 times seeing Oncologist today will ask him- my understanding is with a second opinion you don’t get information any quicker because it’s cancer. The trouble is we don’t sometimes have time on our hands- The secretary said she would ring us when the consultant gave over the The information. It’s frustrating because it a yes or no answer naive I suppose when you think of aa the patients they have to respond too. I will let you know outcome x

thats disappointing. Hope you hear something soon x

I have not had second surgery my piece of ovary left is tied to blood vessels and nerves but I wish you the very best

Thank you for your best wishes Everybody is so different.

You may also like...