OCD

I am new and have tried so hard to ignore my symptons of OCD, I guess I believed I could take control myself or things might improve for me but instead they are getting worse. Takes me 1 hour plus after checking everything from doors, windows, plug sockets before I can go to bed. But worse are the constant horrible thoughts I have and dwell on and constant worse case situations that have really got me down, I just don't know what or who can help feel embarrassed seeking help from my doctor and not sure if this would be the best plan of action. Anne

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Utterly worthless and stupid comment from 'meself'.

Rusty, do a search on this forum, there are many people who understand your problem and have helpful advice, don't be put off by the idiotic trolls that inhabit all public forums...

• Agreed, and removed it.

• Thanks!

• Pleiades you are being cruel to meself. His/comment is neither worthless nor stupid. It's just that that perspective is unhelpful to a person ensnared by the coils of deep OCD/anxiety/depression.

Rusty, you have made an important step writing on this forum and seeking help. I agree with Pleiades in that there are many people on this forum who understand and can help.

• I disagree. That's why the comment is no longer there.

• Many thanks to Pleiades and yourself mumtoOCDson, I always thought my life would improve, but has infact got worse, and I know that I do need to seek professional help. This forum in itself has made me feel a lot better and helped me to realise that I am not alone.

You may also like...