I made it through the night !

I am pleased to say that after taking my first dose of MXT I made it through the night and woke up this morning without any feelings of sickness. I know it's early days but so far so good. I feel so much better for having got that first dose over with. I must say a very big thank you to all those people on this site who have supported and encouraged me over the last 24 hours. I am so glad I joined. Jean x

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • the first dose of any new med is always scary x

• Great news, well done to you.

Hope the drugs kick in soon.

Carole. --

• Good to hear it went well for you Jean. Well done.

Love Janet xxx

• Hi Jean glad to here went well long may it continue. xx

• So glad you are feeling ok love Karen x

• Hi Jean

That's good news and great you put an update up, hope you continue to feel ok with and that MTX works for you! :) x

• Hi and welcome,I was exactly the same last September taking my first dose,I was petrified,but all for no reason as perfectly fine and 6 mths on mtx is my best friend and I've just had a pain free birthday weekend away cos off it.lots of love Michelle xxx

• It will get easier jen. I have used injections on mtx. I am taking tablets at the moment. xxx

• great news, I was getting a lot of side affects with the MTX, but they have now upped my Folic acid to every day and things are a lot better, Take Care shirley xx

• I have never had any sickness with MTX and from the start I was prescribed 5mg Folic Acid every day except the day I take the MTX. I wonder why different rheumatologists prescribe FA differently when it seems every one who takes it 6 times a week does better than on a lesser dose? Kathy

• My query too. Mine even says I should take it the same day, but in am when im due to inject at night. Strange one.

• Really pleased that all is well after your first dose of methotrexate, and thank you for letting us know how you are. Take care, June xx

• Good luck ... As said, always nerve racking to do the new med. Hope it works great for you. x

You may also like...