Tocilizumab infusion


I am sooooooo excited because I m going to have my tocilizumab infusion today! (Most people get excited about a holiday or new car - not us on this site, we get excited about a medical procedure!!)

Please wish me well that it works.

I'll blog about my experience afterwards so that anyone else having it will know what to expect.


11 Replies

  • Good luck, sounds scarey what you have to endure to receive this treatment ,fingers crossed and soft hugs to you .

    Angie xx ?? xx

  • Wishing you the best Tilsongal. I don't blame you for being excited, we all want something to work. Looking forward to reading your blog report. Take care lovely.

    Love Janet xxx

  • Hope it goes well for you. I had a weekend in hospital over the weekend a couple of years and all i seemed to do was rest on the bed. Take plenty of reading and crosswords with

  • Thank you Janet and Sylvi it is so nice to know that people here are so supportive and on my side.


  • Angie, thanks for the hugs! Really need them.


  • Good luck! I used to quite like the rest in the day unit and lunch brought to me!! Also I liked speaking to others about their RA and it helped me a lot. Rest tomorrow though I tended to get tired afterwards. Let us know how it went for you, thinking of you Axx

  • Thanks Allanah. I'll take your advice re rest.


  • Hi Tistongal i'm also on that once a month . Been having it for 8 months now but unfortunately not feeling the benefits from it but i think its because i have a really bad shoulder & that's getting me down. Hope it works for you. I havn't had any side effects only feeling tired for a day or 2 after having it. Xx Alison

  • Good luck think it can give good results xx

  • Hi Everyone,

    Thank you all for you good wishes.

    I arrived at the hospital and it was obvious that they were very busy. After about an hours wait I was taken to the ward and asked if I minded not having a bed as they were so busy, instead I was given a chair with a bed between me and a man on a chair at the other side -it wasn't a problem. I had my blood pressure, temperature and urine tested and a cannula was put into my arm ( they tried to put I into my hand but I was so sore the moved it to my arm). After all the checks and tests the infusion was set up and I relaxed with my iPad. It took about an hour after which there was a saline flush and after more temp and blood pressure checks I was free to go. All very easy and simple and a great deal quicker than the Rituximab last June which took all day. The gentleman on the other side of the bed had a severe reaction and was obviously quite poorly so it's not a doodle for everyone.

    So anyone having it need not worry and even if there is a reaction (which I think it is rare) they are on the case in a second.

    Thanks for all the support - it really does make a difference.


  • Tilston, glad all went well for your first treatment and hope you soon feeling the benefits. Glad no reactions and you are soon feeling great improvements.

    Neonkitty xx

You may also like...