For me...... and for all of you!

For me...... and for all of you!

Hi everyone,

I said I would write again after my walk, and so here I am!

After all the rain we have had, I had been in so much pain and really wondered if I had set myself an unreachable goal, but I went to bed early every night, have been on a diet and kept thinking positively - You know, the reason I was doing the walk in the first place!!!

So I woke yesterday to clear blue skies, a beautiful calm and sunny day and had a hearty breakfast of porridge, made by my wonderful hubby and I could feel the excitement growing as I realised that I had no pain!!! :)

I met my best friend at the cafe by the start of the walk and my mum and dad came too!

So off we go - me, my hubby Richard; my daughter Emily; my best friend Kay and her partner Nigel; my Dad and my daughters friend Amy - the weather was perfect, and soon into our walk I felt calm, happy and a bit emotional!

I will try to put some photos on here too, my biggest challenge was the steps to the top of the Head, but I did it - one step at a time, and stopped for photos half way! I made it to the top with an enormous wave of emotion! I hadn't walked those steps without pain before, and that I had done this for all the wonderful people who have helped me with this journey so far, at home, and more importantly on here. I did shed a little tear as I know that for some of you completing this walk would not even be possible - I did this for all of you, while I can and am able too.

I am so very proud of myself, have taken it easy today and I admit that I am a bit tired, but I feel so good about doing this, and know that the money I have managed to raise will benefit all of us in some very small way - it is my way of saying thank you to the healthcare professionals, and also to all of you on here for all the support, advice and care that you have shown me - I think of you as my extended RA family - for I know where to come if I need anything related to my condition. :)

I will let you know how much I raise in total, but at the moment its over £400!!!!

Take care all of you, and lots of love

Pen :)

if any of you are on facebook - please inbox me as there are loads of photos , but I think I might have a few problems uploading them, so please bear with me x

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations on reaching your goal and the money raised. Take care now and rest.

• Pen well done to you we are so proud of you. If you inbox me your full name and where your from and i will find you on f/book. xxxx

• A lovely blog ....I love positive and well done Claire x

• Fantastic pen, so proud of you, i couldnt do one of those steps never mind that only being half way up!! Congratulations Axx

• well done, hope the good feeling at getting there lasts a long time. Pollyx

• Congratulations, well done!!!

• Well done to you. Now enjoy a lovely rest.

• Thank you everyone - a bit of pain has kicked in, but I am proud so I will rest and give myself a virtual pat on the back (I cant raise my arms today!!! lol)

:)

You may also like...