Thanks for all your replies, your support is overwhelming and in this time of darkness really help.
I saw my consultants understudy yesterday, which turned out to be a bit of a blessing. So, regarding restarting Cimzia, he said was a definite no as it had brought on drug induced Lupus and was effecting my organs (didn’t know this about the organs)
I have to stay on Toci and Azathioprine for another 2 months just to see if it does finally work. Oh the waiting, I never knew all those years ago when I had my diagnosis how patient and determined I would have to be to wait and see if these drugs work.
He also examined my neck, shoulders and spine and sent for an urgent MRI scan to see what’s going on.
Off he went out of the room, came back with the tray and asked me if I wanted a shot of Kenalog and promptly jabbed me in the bum! (With my consent 😀)
I just hope and pray it does something 🙏 as I can’t stay off work any longer and my 3 boys need their mom back.
Thanks for reading and supporting me through this.
Well it’s a new week and I have to try a stay positive for my own sake and that of my family.
I am now entering into week 5 of being off work with the most horrendous flare up in my neck and shoulders and am taking a combination of slow release and oral morphine which is spacing me out to say the least.
My question is this - despite Cimzia causing infections and skin problems and also brought on drug induced Lupus it worked! It bloody worked! I was able to lead a ‘normal’ life ish! Still had a few aches and pains but I could manage it. I’m in bed or laying on the sofa and as I have my appointment with my consultant tomorrow I’m wondering whether to ask him to restart it! I’ve tried 3 other biologics since Cimzia and they just don’t work! I have 3 children, a full time job and a house to run so I can’t afford to be like this!
Just wondered whether anyone has restarted a biologic or whether it’s a big no, no.
All answers will be greatly received as I’m at my wits end now. 😢 Sarah xxx