Argh: Well on the advice of the nurse I stopped the... - NRAS

NRAS
28,786 members34,162 posts

Argh

Damamy
Damamy

Well on the advice of the nurse I stopped the Hydroxychloroquine for a week and restarted them this week. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like this is the right medication for me. All the side effects I was experiencing came back with a vengeance. I persevered even taking an antihistamine along with it hoping they would help alleviate them. No such luck so back on the phone to the nurse. My consultant is off for 2 weeks so she spoke to the Senior RA on call and he said to stop them immediately. Unfortunately as I have somewhat complicated medical issues he doesn’t want to give me anything until my consultant is back. However, the nurse did say that he thinks it may be easier if I get injections instead of tablets. Now just have to wait 2.5 weeks until Dr Hauser returns from her holidays.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

What a pity - but that's often the way it goes. I had problems re-starting hydroxychloroquine too and had to abandon it!

Worth spending a bit of time looking at the treatment pages on the NRAS website so that you are clued up when the consultant returns.

Damamy
Damamy
in reply to oldtimer

The nurse actually recommended that as well. Going to sit down over next few days and read it. Thanks x

Wishing you well Damamy

What sort of side effects did you have?

Damamy
Damamy
in reply to Nanabrodie

Very sore dry itchy eyes, itchiness all over (no rash), horrendous sweating, headaches some nausea. I came off them for a week and restarted them again on Monday unfortunately they all came back tenfold.

You may also like...