NRAS
21,413 members25,122 posts

Leaping from one thing to another

Hurray my trochanter bursitis has finally gone. However in its place I know have plantar facilitis. It just it seems as one thing goes and I start to feel better another comes along. It is so painful this time a lot worse than last time. I’m struggling to walk on it. Have gone away for a break to Dorset and now can’t do anything as it hurts to walk. Does anyone think the gel insoles may help if I put them in my trainers. Any advice would be grateful received .

7 Replies
oldestnewest

|I haven't suffered from either,but i would try the gel insoles nothing tried nothing gained darling.xxxxx

2 likes

Hi yes try the insoles as I've heard a few people on here saying they make a difference, I've got ones made for me in mine and they make a difference, I'm just heading to body conditioning class now and I've had to put vitoral on my knees and hips and top off hands so I don't seize up , I'm like an old cart horse ha ha

1 like

Also look at compression socks, my OH gets plantar fasciitis and finds they help a lot

plantarfasciitisresource.co...

1 like

Ty think I will try them.

I feel your pain. Had bursitis and plantar at the same time. Gel Insoles definitely help. I got mine from Amazon - only a couple of quid. Also, get a bottle of iced water, use it to roll along your painful foot. You will also need to stretch your calf muscles out. There are helpful exercises to be found on the internet. Good luck.

I used to treat plantar fasciitis by rolling my feet over a rolling pin with quite a bit of pressure. It hurts to start with but it really helps. Also standing on a step with the ball of your foot and let your heels drop several times a day, ten times or so a go. For the last year I've been using a "Natural Wood Ribbed Foot Roller" which I got from Amazon. I use it no more than twice a week and never have plantar problems anymore. Maybe some of this will help you. All the best.

Ty you all for your suggestions I will certainly be trying them 👍🏻

You may also like...