NRAS
21,315 members25,058 posts

Day 1 Entracept injection update

For those who may be advised to take a biologic, today was my injection day ta dar.... I had my first injection in the morning.

The nurses were very nice - despite my reservations. They do a demo on how to use the pen, then it’s over to you! I wanted to get it over with and not deliberate. Best place he said tummy area (least painful spot apparently). In all honesty, there is a slight burn, sting but nothing to worry about at all, phew. It’s been about 6 hours and I have a slight dull ache at the top of my left shoulder that wasn’t there post injection. I can lift my arm, just aware of that nagging dull ache.

They have advised I must have the flu jab! Never had it before, this is due to the medication.

Also best to take before bed, doing that going forward. I aim to provide more updates as I go through this week on how I am feeling, pain management, side effects etc. Hope this was of some help to those starting.

Stay positive all.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi.

I am waiting to hear from health care at home to start Benepali so am keen to hear your updates.

2 likes

HCT are very good. I aim to be posting frequent updates don’t worry. This is a totally different path. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. All the best with your journey. 😊

3 likes

Me too! Benepali ..should of started in September but too many illnesses! Go to nurse Monday! Yikes!

2 likes

Out of interest, why did they say before bed was the best time to inject?

3 likes

Hi - just in case you feel tired when you take it. No other reason.

1 like

I guess these injections affect different people in different ways. Can't say I've ever felt tired after taking it, I feel tired all the time! 😂

1 like

You may also like...