Orencia infusion and injection

Hi everyone, to those who have been following me, I had my first loaded infusion and injection. It went really well yesterday and I will be doing my next injection in one week, next Tuesday. I had no side effects from the medication and I am hoping that over the next several weeks I will start to have less pain and flare ups. Get my life back. Thank you to everyone who responded when I asked about this medication, I had very positive response from at least 12 people who said they got their life back and some said they went into remission. Hopefully, I will have the same results.

Wishing everyone a happy and painfree as possible time.

Take care everyone, Sue xx

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Hope it works well for you Sue. Fingers crossed. It is good to hear when something works for people.

Beverley (NRAS Helpline)

2 likes

Thank you Beverly, I had my 2nd injection today no problem and I do still have pain but I certainly feel improvement in the morning not quite as stiff. I could previously have pain and stiffness until well into the afternoon. I constantly had flare ups and didn't want to get out of bed as I was in so much pain just trying to get to the bathroom. I am really hoping that the new medication will keep on working and I will get my life back. Thank everyone. who responded to my message and I hope you all have a painfree time very soon.

Take care, Sue

The very very best of luck going forward !

Marie

2 likes

Hi Angels-delight. I started orencia injections a little over two and a half months ago. I'm still waiting for it to kick in. I've heard from several different people on this site that it takes 5-6 months to fully kick in. I'm wondering what your doctor told you? I'm wondering also if I should have had a iv infusion loading dose? My doctor didn't even suggest it.

1 like

I tried Orencia infusions for almost a year and felt constantly ill. I was sleeping a lot. Eventually I stopped when I started having chest pain during the infusions.

I liked the Humira and I felt really well on that for six months but then I started getting leg ulcers so stopped that.

Very reluctant to try any more biologics.

Have been on Xeljanz tablets twice a day for over 6 months. After the initial improvement, it settled into a rhythm of ESR slowly increasing.

1 like

Wow. So sorry to hear about your experience with orencia. I take the injections, and it seems like for a day or two after, I feel achey and exhausted. I'm not quite at 3 months yet. Hoping it starts to work. I loved humira. It worked for 14 years without a side effect, until it just stopped working.

1 like

Wow. Humira for 14 years. We have only had it in Australia for maybe 6 years.

You may also like...