NRAS
23,173 members26,949 posts

Head pain

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄 The last 3 week I have had (and still have) the most painful head I’ve ever had in my life; ALL the muscles in the head/face is affected, even just to a slight touch or turning/bending head ever so slightly. It’s been a tearful Christmas. I have a feeling it’s the fibromyalgia on top of the arthritis.

Anyone ever had something similar? 🐔

10 Replies
oldestnewest

I don't know about the headache,but the rest i can relate to and i have also had a nightmare Christmas as well.Hugs from me.xxxx

It’s just plain and simply rotten... 😔and hugs to you as well. 🤗

HUgs for you as well darling.xxx

OMG I can so relate.... my neck has been Jarred which in turn has given me the headache from hell. I can’t lay down and so sleep has been snatches while sitting. Also my shoulders are affected and I can’t lift my arms!

Let’s hope 2018 will bring a better Christmas m’lovely x

2 likes

I had a heat pad for Christmas which covers my neck and i got it from ldyll.xxx

2 likes

Have you tried one of the triangular support pillows? You can sort of wedge the pillow under your shoulders taking the pressure off your head.

I had c/spine surgery 20 years ago (before diagnosed with RA) & had to try to sleep in a butterfly device & I found that shape of pillow worked well & I still use one when my head/neck play up.

2 likes

Gosh, that sounds awful - and very very painful.

Got a fab pillow esp for my neck, so sleeping is not a problem. It’s being awake...😔 any movement of the head is agony. Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say yes. I literally had a headache for eight years straight. My first experience with prednisone was the first time I was ha free. It was quite an experience. Unfortunately, I cannot tolerate prednisone anymore. It made me phychotic.

1 like

That’s horrendous... so sorry you don’t tolerate prednisolone anymore. Fab meds when it works. Headaches are hell.... I’ve had migraines & headaches for over 40 years. Many times a week.

Let’s have hope for the new year! 😊

1 like

You may also like...