NRAS
21,317 members25,060 posts

The only consistency about RA is where will it hurt today

Diagnosed 1 day before my 64th Bday Oct 2017. Was never Ill , rarely took aspirin. Been on Mexotrexate since then, I’ve been having issues with coughing, congestion . Got taken off mexotrexate , put on Antibiotics and another med from lung guy . Daily surprises with what’s going to hurt today ? Craziest disease.

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Bless you darling it is no fun being us. Know we will all support you the best we can.xxxx

1 like

Bless you, Huntersmom. Crazy is one word for our disease but I can think of many others, not all polite. Welcome to the forum I think of as my lifesaver. Lots of lovely, understanding, compassionate and well-informed folk happy to share information and help. We're practically the same age and I was dx in November last year a couple of weeks before my 63rd birthday. It did come as a dreadful shock and that must be doubled for someone who had previously been so healthy. Wishing you the best

J

1 like

As I usually tell my hubby and friends "It's annoying to be me" ha ha

Yeah - It's a confusing disease. It's amazing to me that anyone figured it out at all since almost all autoimmune diseases present a core group of symptoms.

Please do get well before starting your MTX again. Here's hoping 2018 is a grand year for all of us!

1 like

Hi have you tried drinking ginger. I buy ginger root peel a d slice it put in boiling water, let it cool, I drink 3cups a day and really think it helps

You may also like...