NRAS
22,133 members25,760 posts

Humera

This might not be the right place to ask it since it is heavily populated by people from the UK but I would like to address those that are on here from the US.

I cannot take Methotrexate and so my doctor wants to put me on Humera. The problem is even with my insurance, which is Medicare, paying 80% of the coast of it but my 20% would be $850 per month. I simply cannot afford to take a drug that expensive. However I am not low income so I don't qualify for any of those programs. Anyone here take Humira that knows of a way to get help paying for it?

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Stateside HU forum, Cure Arthritis Community ( healthunlocked.com/cure-art... ) may have some suggestions, Amkoffee, if you'd like to consider querying there as well? 🤔 . . . . 🙏 🍀 🌺 🌞

1 like

Wow, so sorry to hear that, I hope and pray you get some help and the medication you need. It just reminds me how lucky we are to have the amazing NHS. Good luck.

2 likes

I’d totally second that!!

2 likes

Most people that I know on Medicare take Cimzia or something that Medicare will pay for due to the horrendous cost of Humira. I qualify for the Complete program but that is through my work insurance. Otherwise my copay would be $300 with my insurance.

I just checked the formulary for 2018 and its not covered unfortunately. That is probably why she didn't suggest it.

I’m surprised your doctor hasn’t told you about this:

abbviepaf.org/pdf/AbbVie_PA...

Here’s some more info from. PsA site:

livingwithpsoriaticarthriti...

Well they actually have sent in the necessary forms along with my tax return to ask for assistance. But I don't think they will help me because my husband and I are not low income. We are right about middle-class, where you make to much to qualify but not quite enough to pay these outlandish costs.

You may also like...