NRAS
21,345 members25,079 posts

Haven't quit yet

It has been awhile since my last post, but I wanted to update you on my ankles. I spoke with my lawyer and with the Social Security to get Supplemental Insurance, and they both say I have to quit my job in order to obtain the benefits.

I am not going to quit until I know for certain the day of my surgery. The fun part is the game of tag being played with the surgeon. I am ringing him today and see how that goes. I will try to keep you updated on my processes and progress, but for now I wrap my ankles tight, but not to where there is no circulation. It is getting home that I have pains in them and swelling after being on them for 8 hours straight.

*** I fell on October 1st, but got right back up as I was going to work. No sprain, but won't know more until I see the surgeon in the near future.***

A new job would be great, but I am only focused on my surgery for now... I will check my responses soon.

It is tough when people don't know or don't care to know or understand what you are going through, but I know I can be a better person coming out rather than a bitter one. :)

You may also like...