ESA assessment

Hi

Well I got through the assessment today so just have to wait for the decision now.

I was in a bad way today and had to get a taxi right to the door. I was in agony all the way through. The lady doing the assessment asked me how I was getting home I said I would have to see if any family could pick me up.

To my surprise she said they had ordered me a taxi and paid for it and the security lady took me down in the lift.

Trish

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I hope that it went okay.

• Aww thank you I hope so too. It's all very stressful getting to appointments. I've just been reading your post . What a day you've had ! Good luck with your MRI. Hope you get sorted.

Trish

• WOW someone doing ESA with a heart that is unheard of. Thank goodness for that though and it bodes well for you for getting it darling.xxxxx

• They are snakes 🐍

• Nice - That seems really rare to me, but what a wonderful thing to have happen. Fingers crossed on the assessment..

• Thank you so much but I wouldn't read to much into that gesture. I think DWP target people with disabilities to keep reducing any benefits as much as possible.

Take care

Trish

• yeah, unfortunately, you may be right. We have the opposite here in the states - they pretty much just hand out benefits to whomever is breathing, and sometimes, those that aren't..

• The computer company doing the assessment have to do all that is necessary to get it completed, even to the extent of a home visit, they will resist as much as they can as it eats into their profits but that doesn't mean they can avoid their contractual requirements.

You may also like...