Knee replacement

Last Thursday I had my second knee replacement. I came out of hospital on Sunday.  I now have a very bruised and swollen knee.  My husband puts a sleeve of iced water around it 3 times a day to reduce the swelling.  It seems to be going on alright.  The only think is the last 2 days I have felt very nauseous and have absolutely no appetite.  I hope it is the cocktail of drugs still in my body and will feel better again tomorrow. What with strong painkillers, morphine based, paracetamol. Epidural drugs etc I suppose it takes a few days to get them out of my system.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Morphine always makes me ill and i can't have it. So be patient and see if when you get up today,if it continues see a doctor.xxxx

• Thank you for your reply Sylvia. I must be more patient!

• That sounds like expert care! Be gentle with yourself while allowing your body time to recover.

• Yes, I'm having good care!

• Yes if you aren't used to it morphine can make you feel terrible. And it can take a little time before that happens.

They can give you anti-emetics to help but they did nothing for me. When I had my first hip done I was on a morphine pump, when I complained of nausea they gave me anti-emetics. When I complained again they took me off it and gave me paracetamol instead. 🙄

I have never been back to that hospital but that's a different story....

Regards

Ade

• I'll have to be more patient! I had two different sorts of morphine based drugs, slow release and fast relief so this is probably the cause of my nausea.

You may also like...