Made me smile😊: As we all know our diseases are very... - NRAS

NRAS
26,269 members30,113 posts

Made me smile😊

As we all know our diseases are very misunderstood. I was treating a patient yesterday when she asked why my hands were swollen so I tried to explain re auto immune diseases. Her reply was"" well you youngsters wouldn't get aches and pains if you aired your clothes properly""

I wouldn't mind --- but I'm 59!!!!!☺x

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Ha ha ha ha! Like my Nan telling me I'd catch cold going out with my hair wet! Bless em.

4 likes

Bawhahaha!!!! Thanks for the laugh

2 likes

Teehee!!!!!! X

2 likes

😄. Oh wonderful! Must remember that one. Thank you, I needed a good laugh.

4 likes

That made me chuckle...lovely 😄

2 likes

Not sure which is better, being called young at 59 or being offered such a great cure for RA!

6 likes

True--- I should patent it ---- "" leave your undies on the maiden for an extra 24 hours and all your aches and pains will dissappear """. Better than any drugs!!😊😄x

7 likes

that made me smile sort of thing my mum would have said,

2 likes

I spat my tea out reading that 😁 my favourite cure suggestion by far! I'd better mop tea of my soggy dog x

5 likes

Brought back happy memories. My very close friend who left us 2 years ago always said things like this. Clothes have to go in airing cupboard for 3 days. She use to flip when she saw me ironining a uniform to wear that day. Bless them. :)

3 likes

That made me laugh, thank you☺😊 my granny used to say things like that!! What a hoot, happy days 😃😃

That reminds me of my gran. She was a servant in a 'big house' when young. They used her bedroom to air their washing. She always blamed her RA on this fact. Poor gran.

:D

That's what I've been doing wrong all these years lol 😁

I'm 58, and I'd LOVE to be called a youngster again! LOL!!

hahahahaha how brilliant!

chlo x

Haha great you must look young 😀 when I was young my mum told me wearing mini skirts would give me. Rheumatism

That made me smile, it sounded just like my mum x

Ahhhhhhhhh

All these drugs and the answer was on my washing line

Xx

1 like

To some people, everyone else is always a youngster :)

You may also like...