INDY!! mattcass

Hi everyone just to let you all know I am home and doing well Fran is supervising and it's going to be a long slog ahead of me, has anyone noticed any difference in the dogs when they were put on Oxygen Indy normally goes in the huff when we get her back kennalls this time she different she just growls and snarls her teeth she is Ok with Fran I am hoping it is or I will have to find her a new home it's not fair on her if she is scared.Matt

11 Replies

  • Glad to hear that things are going well, and you've settled in back home.

    Hope your dog comes to terms with the cat was terrified of the hair dyer, it took months to get her to tolerate it!

    Best wishes, M xx

  • Good luck Matt, hope things start to improve. Can't comment on dogs and oxygen but I'm sure she will get used to it. Marie

  • Matt she senses there is something wrong with you darling,they have a sense for when people are ill darling.xxxx

  • Lovely to hear from you Matt, pleased to hear you're doing well, I'm sure Fran is glad to have you home.

    I'm sure it will all work out with Indie. She probably sees it as something that doesn't belong in her home, something she's to protect you against. I'm sure once she's got used to it she'll accept it & will be your normal Indie again.

    PS if she doesn't I can provide a good home for her, our old girl fell asleep last week. :(

  • Hi mattcass,

    good to hear you are home and things going well. Take care of yourself. My sister-in-law has to use oxygen occasionally and her dog seems to be OK with it. Hope yours will settle down soon and accept it.

    Best wishes

    Beverley (NRAS Helpline)

  • Thank You Bev, matbe you can help with this who would I contact to get what they call care allowance with to help with financially ,

  • Hi mattcass,

    carer's allowance is for people who regularly spend at least 35 hours or more a week caring for a disabled person. For a carer to get this allowance the person whom they are looking after must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:

    DLA, PIP, or AA. To make a claim, the carer needs to get claim form DS700. They can get this by ringing 0345 608 4321

    I have put a link to our publication on benefits which has more information in it about all the types of benefits and financial help that may be available for you:

    Hope this helps. If you need more information you can always email us at:

    or give us a call on:

    0800 298 7650 Monday - Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm


  • Great to hear that your home at last. You will come on really well now that your back home.......XX

  • 028 9090 6186 is the number for the disability and carers service. It's normal rate. You can phone for a form or go online to yougov and follow the links from there. Xxxxx keep strong xx

  • Oops bevs got a number before me, try hers first!

  • You can also download the form from this link:


You may also like...