Nearly time to wave bye bye to this room

Tomorrow is 4 weeks/one calendar month since I stubbed out my last cigarette.

Now the raw, all-encompassing cravings have passed on the whole, old Nic is playing his mind games of making me feel nostalgic about smoking, like I 'deserve' a cigarette for being so good. He's tricked me before with this one and I won't be fooled again.

I like the non-smoking me that doesn't stink, has money in the bank and can run longer than a minute without wanting to dry heave. Best of all is a sense of pride and self-respect.

It's hard but it's bl**dy worth it!

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Nice one Sage!

• Well done Sage..... I fell for the 'you deserve it' cigarette about 15 years ago.:mad:

Have you ever fallen for the 'I don't smoke now so it's perfectly OK to have one' cigarette? That one got me about 5 years ago.:mad:

• One month WOW. Not to far be hind you, enjoy the new room you deserve it:)

• Well done Sage, and lovely post by the way :)

Many congratulations on reaching the end of your first month. It was at that point that I really started to believe I could nail the mother and it sounds like it is much the same for you.

Onwards to freedom!! :D

• Have you ever fallen for the 'I don't smoke now so it's perfectly OK to have one' cigarette? That one got me about 5 years ago.:mad:

Oh yes, a year and a half ago...:mad:

Thanks to all you guys on the forum. I don't post much as I'm usually on my phone but I do read your posts and it's made me feel this is totally achievable x

You may also like...