Glad to make it to week 2

I am so happy to have got through the first week. The last 2 days have been stressful for a variety of reasons but I just breathed through the craves and reminded myself that a cigarette wouldn't help. My mindset seems different this time. I feel much more positive and it definitely makes things easier.

I am still having disturbed nights sleep. But I know this will pass.

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Ellie!

Alex.

• Ellie

Hi you've donme great so congrats on your 1st week - I found it got easier from day 8 onwards. Still think about it but not as much and cravings are definately blunted compared to 1st week. I know in Wk 1 I was hoping to feel better after 72 hrs but found days 4-7 very tough. Day 8 was defo a lot better. So just breath throu it and you're doing it now

• Thanks. Funnily enough, I have found myself having more craves this morning. i reckon it's because I was doing the ironing and I always nipped off for a cig to escape the drudgery. But I just took a break in the garden instead.

• Well done Ellie! These triggers will soon be a thing of the past.:)

• Well done Ellie, I posted on here a few weeks ago about the ironing trigger when I had the same sort of thing happen to me (one at the start, one halfway through and one at the end was my routine) so I know that one, good on you for working through it :D

• Well done Ellie - it'll be a month before you know it! :D

• Today was a good day. No craves to speak off even when dh was puffing away. I am going to a wedding tomorrow but I will stay off the alcohol so I should be fine.

• Have a good day tomorrow, if you're going to stay off the booze then make up for it at the buffet....:)

• Massive well done Ellie, sounds like you're doing really well:D

• Had a lovely time at the wedding. I didn't smoke and I had no hangover this morning. Dh is feeling worse for wear and says he is going to try and quit. Watch this space.

• Good on you, but like I said, I hope you made up for it at the buffet tables...love buffet food yum! ;)

• Yes, I did indeed enjoy the buffet, Angry Bear. I might need to pop to the gym later to counter that.

• Well don't feel guilty! Food's allowed, that's what I say :D

• The cake was delicious and I never feel guilty about chocolate!

• What a beautiful morning. My energy levels seem to have increased which is great. I am thinking about smoking less and less. I feel like I am really investing in my quit this time. In the past, I think I was a bit half hearted at times or gave myself a get out clause of 'I'll smoke it is too tough.' Of course, something came up and it was always too tough. This time I don't dwell on any craves I have. I keep myself busy. I seem to spend a lot less time sitting on my ass! My house has never been tidier. I walked up the stairs at work today, 4 floors. I would never have contemplated that a couple of weeks ago. I feel like I was functioning before but now I am running on a full battery. (if that makes sense)

• I walked up the stairs at work today, 4 floors. I would never have contemplated that a couple of weeks ago. I feel like I was functioning before but now I am running on a full battery. (if that makes sense) I was, am still, like that, hence the running business. The thought of smoking again, which would lead to breathlessness and how I felt before, seems ridiculous at the moment...:)

• I feel like that too, Angry Bear. I can't imagine lighting a cigarette at the moment. It would be madness to undo the hard work and feel grotty which is what my old 'normal' used to be.

I have the pleasure of shopping with the boys for school uniform. Hopefully, it will go smoothly with minimal bickering.

You may also like...