No Smoking Day
2,652 members31,361 posts

The Penultimate Room!

Better lock up your bottles of wine, I'm coming in!!

Can't believe it's been 6 months since I last stuck a ciggie in my gob!

Those of you who 'know' me are probably familiar with my moans of 'but I don't feel any better'. Well, unfortunately that's still true, BUT, I seem to undergoing a very slow Dr Who style regeneration. The cough and bad skin that people have when they first quit? I'm getting it a couple of months later than usual. Well, I had to be different ;).

I haven't really been having many desires to smoke, although I did yesterday get the 'Spring craving' that has been referred to before. I think it is because of the change in smell of the atmosphere - the air's warmer, I could smell grass - which I associated with smoking. No big deal, it just took me by surprise.

I did have a weird dream last night, perhaps because it's the 6th month anniversary, that something really stressful was happening at work (but it was something that I doubt would ever happen), and I was searching for a smoke, even though I knew I was quit. I did find one, but I can't remember if I lit it. I had a whole bunch of weird dreams though, possibly something to do with watching the end of The Killing II before I went to bed :p.

Anyway, well done to everyone else on this 'journey'. And to all the newbies, you can do it. :)

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Great, great news, Jen! Well done!

I guess we may as well leave this door ajar now - I can hear plenty of other footsteps on those stairs....

Six months is a very serious quit indeed. :cool:

Thanks Mrs T, you've always been such an encouragement and inspiration on this forum :).

And yes, better make way for the stampeding hoards!! Perhaps we should put put the kettle on?

And yes, better make way for the stampeding hoards!! Perhaps we should put put the kettle on?

Hmm. Think I will grab the gin while it is still there.....

Really pleased for you - I'm grinning like an idiot to see you get here. :D

I I had a whole bunch of weird dreams though, possibly something to do with watching the end of The Killing II before I went to bed :p.

Oooh well no wonder you had those dreams! WHAT a series!

Big congratulations, Jen - be proud.

Sue

x

Well done Jen, a massive achievement and well deserved.

I am right behind you and will be joining you in about 5 days, keep up the good work.

And a well done from me too ,for some reason i thought you had been quit for yrs, maybe it just feels that way. A good solid quit

Mashx

Well done Jen this is a big milestone! half way to the penthouse,

I will raise a glass to you!

:)

Thanks everyone :)! x

Well done Jen! The worst is behind you now.

Alex.

6 months! :eek:

Well done misses. ;)

Sorry I missed this before - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Helen x

You may also like...