No Smoking Day
2,586 members31,319 posts

Aaarghhhh - Back after 7 days free

So - I went out for a couple of beers yesterday and this was my achilles heel. After 3 pints the urge to smoke was too much for me.

I thought OK i'll have just one and then ended up buying a pack of 10.

I smoked 2 from the pack - and disgusted with myself, threw the rest in the bin. Back to day 1, but day 1 is complete.

Tomorrow i'm back to work so this will take more focus than the last week

:mad:

5 Replies
oldestnewest

They go together tooo well. i wouldnt dare go near alcohol, not tll im several weeks smokefree at least. well done for starting your quit again,

mash

Well done LM for getting straight back on your quit:) And well done for throwing the cigarettes away, that is impressive and shows your commitment to your quit. If I bought a pack of ten I am sure I would smoke the lot and then throw a tantrum:rolleyes:

Hope today is a good day for you,

Zoe

Thanks guys - after 2 weeks off work, 300 emails and a pile of work I almost broke twice... but made it through the day.

It's amazing how the triggers work. Automatically around 10.30 I fealt I was missing out as I was not smoking.

Very pleased to have made it though :D

The beer and a night out is a really tough one to get over. Hope you get there this time

Good on you for getting back on the horse. I did exactly the same thing 9 days into my quit. Actually I smoked the whole packet of 10 and bought a pack of 20 :o. I woke up the next day feeling as though someone had tipped an ashtray into my mouth!!! The remaining cigs all went in the bin of course, after a thorough soaking in water and I carried on with my quit - and haven't relapsed again. :) Those 7 smoke free days weren't wasted. They are 7 days less of cigarettes, plus you will have started to break the smoking associations.

You may also like...