Weight Loss NHS

Hi all. Ex Soldier losing 5st

Hi all. Ex Soldier losing 5st

Hi all. I'm an ex soldier and wheelchair and walking aid user. I'd like to lose at least 5st to get back to the weight I was before my injuries.

I've had to forfeit a lot of activities due to my, ever increasing, weight, but have decided that enough is enough.

I'm on a mission to get my BMI down by losing wight, to change my lifestyle so that I'm a happier person in general.

:)

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Hello and welcome to the Weight Loss Forum BritishSoldier 😊

I hope that with our help and support you will see the weight reduce and that will help your movement and activity. For weight loss however, it’s food that matters!

I’d like to invite you to join our Newbie Club where you'll find all the information you need to navigate the forum. Please read it carefully as it has links to the 12 week plan and a pictorial guide to finding all the Events and Challenges.

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

We hope it will also be a good place for you to connect with members who are also just starting out. If you just post a few words to introduce yourself and respond to others there, you'll soon break the ice.

Best wishes

Anna. 😊

1 like

Thank you.

2 likes

A man on a mission BritishSoldier ! :) .

One of the admin team will be along shortly to give you a proper introduction to this forum. If you get involved regularly you'll find loads of support from people in all sorts of different situations but with the same aim. Break the 5 stone down into more manageable chunks and you'll soon be on your way :)

5 likes

Thank you.

2 likes

All the best, I'll be rooting for you!

2 likes

Thank you.

1 like

Great user name BritishSoldier You can totally do this. As well as following the Newbie link I recommend chatting on the daily 'What's happening' threads - it's good to just set out your intentions for the day. This process is all about accountability :)

2 likes

Thank you.

2 likes

Great to have you join us. You will find lots of inspirational folk on here who support each other with a passion.

Join in as much as you can with the chat and getting to know people.

They do reckon that weight gain/loss is about 80% food 20% exercise so making wise food choices is the most important thing.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing you around.

2 likes

Thanks you.

2 likes

Hi British soldier , welcome A man on a mission you sound very determined.you will get lots of support on this site and I wish you luck onyou weight loss journey xxx

1 like

Thank you.

1 like

Sounds like a good plan to me - and you know you have the strength to focus hard and be determined to achieve.

Did join a Weekly Weigh In, as they provide great support, and a place to cheer and commiserate every week.

I hope you are successful in becoming more active again.

2 likes

Thank you.

2 likes

Lookimg fkr the diet sheet

Hi 5 Britishsoldier, welcome onboard the group forum today.

I'm George 56 ex Royal Navy and I am very over weight.

I hope that you have lots of luck in your journey.

Kind regards George

Thanks buddy. You too.

You may also like...