Not seeing results despite losing weight

At what weight loss did people start seeing results in their body?

Since starting my weightloss "journey" in September, I have lost 15lbs yet I still feel as though I look the same as before and I seem to be the same size in clothes (16).

I know I am losing weight to be as healthy as I can be, but it is still discouraging to not see any results in the way my body looks.

What are your experiences?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies
oldestnewest

I think you'll find that most of us have been the same, Abbie. It takes our heads a long time to catch up with our bodies and I found that I had to lose about a stone and a half, before I could go down a size in clothes, but that increases, the closer you get to your goal size.

1 like

when i was on slimming world i lost 2 1/2 stone and i never noticed the difference and didn’t go down in sizes either but other people apparently did, i think because i looked at myself everyday i didn’t really notice it, but congrats on loosing 15lbs!☺️

2 likes

I agree, it's hard to see the difference day to day

Yeah I think that may be my issue, since I look in the mirror a lot trying to notice a difference haha.

I think because I have about another 60 lbs to lose I will probably have to wait a while before I see a significant difference in how I look

1 like

I see it I my face now. I have gone from a 14 to a loose 12 and lost 16 pounds so far. Did you measure?? Do it now so you can compare.

I only measured at the beginning of this month unfortunately, but will be taking measurements at the beginning of each month so I can compare now as I go along

1 like

I have lost just over 2 stone and only notice it after the 2 stone mark. Clothes don't feel majorly looser, and only just get comments on it the odd time. I think 3 stone is when I start looking noticeably slimmer but evéry one is different. Just trust the scales that you are indeed slimmer and keep going!

1 like

I'm sorry I didn't take photos (tho' they'd probably be too ghastly to look at) as I think if your weight loss is gradual, it is hard to see. I've lost 12lbs and clothes feel more comfortable - it will be a while before I'm going down a size as I was stuffed into existing ones at my highest weight! Undressed, I can see I've lost weight and when I get dressed I can just about see it, but when I'm out and about and see myself in a mirror by chance, I'm still horrified. But that's keeping me motivated ;)

1 like

I didn’t notice it myself at all but other people always were telling me after about 1 1/2 st but I was always looking. In the end my hubby took a photo and we compared it with one of before I started. It was then that I could see it. Maybe you should do the same. Hope it is not too long before you notice it yourself.

2 likes

I noticed it first in my face probably around the stone mark and my boobs, because that is where it always goes from first. I have lost 1 1/2 stone but only come down one size in clothes. Although I can fit into a smaller size sometimes I find it uncomfortable as I can't stand anything tight on my tummy. This is a bit of a problem because jeans look a bit baggy round my bottom! Other people do sometimes notice but not often. Just keep going in the knowledge that the weight is shifting. Everything else will follow :)

1 like

Wait until you re-measure yourself as everyone has said before it is difficult to see you have lost weigh since your mind has an image of your body and its difficult for it to change it

I have previously lost 2 stone before kids and I didn’t go down a dress size, I think I lose weight everywhere apart from my tummy!!!

It always goes from my face first, but I like that. I always know I’ve put on to much weight when my face looks rounder.

I tend to be the same! When I eat badly and don't drink enough water my face gains weight so fast and gets puffy!

You may also like...