Daily Diary - What I did and what I ate!

Daily Diary - What I did and what I ate!

Hello lovely people,

How has your day been? I hope it's been nice and warm where you are? I had a trip into London for a meeting. As I strolled down the garden at 8.30am and sniffed the roses that are in bloom, I thought "I'd rather spend the day here!" especially as the meeting is in relation to a voluntary role....

So off I went. The first 40 miles (taking me to Hammersmith) was great and took about an hour! The final 5 miles (was heading to Blackfriars) took...... 1 hour 40 minutes! I kid you not! I was there for a 2 hour meeting (so arrived 40 minutes late).

Forgot I had to drive past Chelsea Flower Show.....

Thank goodness for air conditioning in the car and music on the radio.

Found a good parking space (free as I have a Blue Badge).

Food today:

Breakfast: 2 cups of tea

Lunch: Halloumi and grilled Mediterranean vegetable wrap and a glass of lemonade (estimate 581 calories)

Dinner: Half a medium Sharwoods noodles, added some courgetti, full fat soft cheese, fried shallot and garlic, a pinch of chilli flakes, raw prawns, lemon zest and juice and some fresh chopped mint - HEAVENLY! 429 calories

Total Calories for the day: 1,083 out of 1,100

My car thermometer was telling me it was 27 degrees at 11.30am! And 29 degree on my return trip home (3pm).

Noticeably more of a police presence in London today - many more unmarked police cars whizzing about with sirens blaring. More sirens than usual generally. :(

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • HI Pineapple27

Sounds like you have had an eventful day travelling in a very hot car. Hope your relaxing at home with a cool drink. Your dinner looks so tasty in the photo must have a go at making that one. Enjoy your meal.

Rose

• Cup of tea! That's what I really wanted. May have an ice cream later :)

• Sounds like you've had a busy day, and very brave of you driving in London! Your meal looks lovely, wish I liked seafood.

• Because I drive there regularly, it's not too bad, especially as I have now got a pretty good knowledge of the layout. The town I live in has pretty awful traffic congestion, so I get lots of practice!

• I'm a country bumpkin!

• Dinner looks wowzers! Any reason u picked wholewheat noodle rather than wholewheat spaghetti? I love summer too, sweet flowers, sunshine, everyone happier.

• It's a nest of egg noodles mixed with spiralized courgette. Hubbie and I had one noodle nest between us, to reduce the calories. Plus I like the extra crunch from the stir fried courgette noodles. πŸ˜‹

• You probably past were I am I live in Hammersmith. Very hot unless you are buy the river then it is good. Sorry you had a hectic day but you can relax in your garden this evening.

• This looks delicious! :-)

You may also like...