Holiday hints?

Holiday hints?

Well we're off on holiday Tuesday morning - if OH gets his way, we'll be off by 6.30am, so I might not get to weigh in, (and I certainly won't the following week when we set off home again).

So I want any tips, hints, advice on not ruining the past four months' efforts! I've already crept up a bit recently, and it would be so easy to say "Oh well, forget it all for a week!"

We're self-catering and walking near Loch Lomond, but hoping to eat out a few times, and self-catering ( apartment in this castle!) will probably only amount to ready meals (after all, I'm on holiday!)

One thing which will not help is I'm not sure I can log on to MyFitnessPal where we're going. I've had the longest "streak" I've ever managed till now - over 150 days, and that has been a great motivator for keeping going.

So any tips will be most welcome ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Wow - what a beautiful place. Holidays are times to relax a bit and I do put weight on. I would only eat something naughty if it is really good (9 out of 10) I think self catering is easier than all inclusive particularly if your OH is supportive. Enjoy your break!

• Thanks Ella, great first tip - only be naughty if it's really worth it!

• Agree totally, always think twice, is it REALLY worth the calories? ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Looks fab Trimmerteacher I would suggest what you decide is the red line, let hubby know and stick to it.

On my recent holiday my red lines were no desserts and only 1 glass of wine each day. Plenty of walking i came back 2lb lighter.

Most important that you enjoy yourself.

• Wow, a loss on holiday, that's something to aim for, ceals. ๐Ÿ‘OH is supportive, so I will draw up my red lines! Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Good idea - red lines as good because then it is clear

• Hi Trimmerteacher

That look like a stunning place to stay, hope you have a lovely time. Holiday's are hard to stay on track so I would just say keep an eye on your portion sizes as you won't know the calories in your meals. But most of all enjoy it, little treats won't hurt too much.

• I'd just try and pick the healthiest foods on the menu, top up with plenty of veg, salad cart is always a bonus. You are going to be doing plenty of walking so an odd treat shouldn't hurt.

Have a wonderful holiday xx

• Hi Trimmerteacher enjoy your holiday I know what you mean about MyFitnessPal I've logged for 75 days and I'm determined to get to 100 (and beyond). Have you tried logging on paper whilst your away and then updating MyFitnessPal when you get back or have wifi? I'm not sure how far you can go back. In the meantime take with you some notes of average calories for food you're likely to eat to give you a tough idea of calories in food. A lot of work and planning but it might help.

• Rough idea not tough idea lol

• I'm not sure whether we have WIFI there, SukiV. I hope I can catch up retrospectively. - a diary is a good idea, someone else (Chuckyegg I think) mentioned that in another post. It is motivating to see a long streak, the longer it gets, the more you want to see how long you can keep going! Well done on your 75 Days. ๐Ÿ‘

• Just wanted to wish you a wonderful time on your holiday! :-) xxx

• Thank you Zest! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Have a great holiday . There are plenty of hills around Loch Lomond to keep you fit .. I do hope our Scottish weather is kind to you but just in case don't set off without your waterproofs!!!!๐Ÿ˜œ

• We come up to bonnie Scotland regularly, and we know that there's no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong clothes! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• How true!!! Did a lot of hill walking in that area up until age caught up with me. Enjoy.

• Hi Trimmerteacher, that looks like a beautiful place. Hope you feel like a princess when you're there๐Ÿ‘ธ๐Ÿป.

I go to a self catering cottage most weekends, lucky me, and I try to do minimal cooking when there. At home I make big pots of soup and freeze in serve two tupperwares. Also lentil lasagnes. These transport well in a cool box and can stay in fridge or its freezer compartment till needed. Fish in a cook bag (from Sainsbury) is another staple. And lots of easy salad. OH likes frozen microwaveable chips too. Porridge for breakfast. Oatcakes, cheese, fruit for snacks. It can be a bit of work to prepare it all, but good for me to know what I'm eating most of the time.

Hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment.

• Looks lovely

• It looks amazing! I'd go with the rest.....think twice...is it really worth it?? Sometimes it looks good but then it's not that great really....if you know what I mean. I was all for having a beer last night with DH, but, when I tried it, I didn't really like what he'd brought, so....why waste the calories? I declined :-)

Oh, and for me whe on holiday, the exercise super important. Have great fun!!!

You may also like...