100lbs of unwanted blubber

So after a prolonged period away from this forum, I have returned to get myself motivated to lose weight and be healthy - for what is hopefully the last time.

I don't mind admitting that life has been a massive struggle with so many challenges and losses that I have felt swamped and used food as the crutch to keep me going - food is always my crutch, and always has been. I lost 50lb of my surplus fat whilst on this wonderful forum and for a few weeks after stopping coming on here, then I regained the weight and more - much more. With every challenge and loss that life has dealt me over the last few years, food has bouyed me up. As nutrition is part of my job with the clients I work with, I should know better. We are all human though and have our pitfalls, mine happens to be food as a comfort blanket.

So today I am back on here for the wonderful support I know comes from this forums members, I am back at the gym and looking forward and over the seemingly unclimbable wall to the lush landscape of life beyond. My positive mindfullness is again pushing through the fog of negatives that has kept me in its grip recently.

Day 1, 100lb of unwanted blubber to lose. Here I go........

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

22 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Shellie!!! Welcome back!! It's wonderful to see you again, although I wish it was in different circumstances :)

A lot has happened since you were here last, so I'm going to give you the newbie info, just to get you back up to speed :)

Looking forward to some new and delicious recipes from you! ;)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

Take a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as a lot of people have been successful with it, making sure to enter your details into the BMI calculator, to get a calorie allowance tailored to your personal requirements. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate.

We run daily weigh-in's and you'd be very welcome to join us. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the HOME page, bottom on a mobile.

We also run a Daily Diary, where we share our meal and exercise plans for the day. It's a great place to get ideas and to keep us focused. The link can also be found in Events.

Be aware, that the HU app doesn't give you access to all of our important features, so we advise that you use the full website page.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too.

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Hi moreless, and thanks for the great welcome back.. The site has certainly moved on over the last year and I am looking forward to viewing all the new improvements.. I will hopefully be making contributions again soon. 😊

• I shall be looking forward to the same thing, Shellie!! :)

• Hi ShellieL -lovely to see you back. Would you like to join the 'kicking the kms' challenge? :)

• Though I would love too, I have quite severe plantar faciitis at the minute and am struggling.. Had injections, splints, etc... nothing seems to be working. I am still clocking up about 13000 steps daily on my Up move simply by my job and daily living if that counts? As to doing any extra, 'tis a no no at the minute. πŸ˜•

• Sorry to hear about your plantar facilitis.I hope it gets sorted very soon.

Of course your humugous everyday steps count and moreless will convert to kms. Here is the post where you need to check in;

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

• I've just been alerted to your predicament, Shellie and wanted to give you this! The exercises are definitely the way forward! I've had plantar fasciitis and it's excruciating, but it can be beaten! All the best! :)

nhs.uk/conditions/heel-pain...

• Thanks moreless, any help is appreciated. I've been struggling for 9 months with it now, and it shows no signs of letting up. 😊

• It can last a long time, but I think the exercises are the best for it. Good luck! :)

• I know exactly what you mean. Food is ... has been everything weather I'm down, happy, celebrating or commiserating food is what I turn to. It's my punishment and reward and having done that all my life it's a very hard habit to break. Life can be very harsh for some of us at times but getting through them proves how strong you can be, we cope with things best way we can. Concentrate on you give yourself time and be kind and true to you.

Good luck!

• Thankyou hun 😊

• Hi ShellieL,

Welcome back! I remember you from previous times, and especially your lovely recipes you used to share with us - some great Curry ones from my memory, and also soups, and I'd like to wish you the very best with your goals.

Hope you have a great week.

Zest :-)

• Thankyou Zest 😊

• OMG Shellie,

How wonderful to hear from you πŸ˜€ Whenever I use one of your recipes I think of you and wonder how you areπŸ’

Sorry to hear life has been a bit rough and it is all too easy to fall back on poor coping strategies, if it helps I'm also on the negative side of gained Ibs so you are not alone{{{{hug}}}}

Looking forward to catching up and more of your recipes !!

πŸ˜‡

• Thanks hun, it feels good to be back and being proactive. Life has slammed some real humdingers at me over the last couple of years and it has been like wading through mud trying not to let it totally sink me. I have hopefully come through the worst though and ready to tackle my weight again. It's nice to know my recipes are still being used, I'll be subjecting you to more soon, lol. 😊

• So looking forward to that πŸ˜€ Onward and downward 😜

πŸ˜‡

• Welcome back Shellie :) Hope we can support you and hope life goes more smoothly this time around. Your job in nutrition is an absolute asset and your commitment to anything you set your mind to is second to none :)

• Thanks hun 😊

• Best of luck, Shellie - both with the diet and hope for an easier life going forward!

• Thankyou 😊

• Hi ShellieL Well done for coming back.

Wishing you relief from your painful condition and better days ahead..

Cheering you on πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• Thankyou hun 😊

You may also like...