Getting to grips with cooking

I'm managing to stay under 1400kcal and i'm going to the gym daily which somehow is giving me more energy. So far so good but I think I need to learn to cook so I don't have to make separate meals for everyone. I think I might invest in a couple of healthy cook books, if anyone has any suggestions that would be great. Up to now I have lost 4lbs and just over an inch on my waist so I will definitely be sticking at it just hope I can get to grips with cooking healthy family meals.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have a look at the recipes section mantha32 and also the resources section

• Hairy Biker books are good as are Joe Wicks books. Books 1&3 are the ones I like. The recipes aren't calorie counted so, you will have to work this out.

Can I ask what sort of exercise you do at the gym? I do two/three spin sessions, one gym & swim when I can but, I'm struggling to lose weight. My main problem is not eating enough. I struggle to get to 1400 calories most days.

Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• Fibre providers are best, some nuts and seeds if you can have them will soon add up 😊

• Some of the tips moreless gave me @dazzle, cook in olive oil, use cream, eat avocado (unfortunately I don't like them) eat nuts. Easy ways to up calories, but not volume on the plate.

• My local council run gym offer a free work out routine by a professional instructor. I explained what I wanted to achieve and she built me a routine to fit. It's a good mix of cardio and strength focused on core. I've only been going for just over a week but feeling good about it so far.

You may also like...