Weight Loss NHS

NHS Weight Loss app now available

NHS Weight Loss app now available

Hi all

NHS Choices has just converted the 12 week Weight Loss Programme from PDF to app.

The iOS app is available here - itunes.apple.com/gb/app/nhs...

The Android app is available here - play.google.com/store/apps/...

The app does all that the PDFs do and a little more, but we're well aware that it's not as fully featured as, say, MFP. We've tried to keep it as simple to use as possible but we may look to update the app based on user feedback.

To that end, we would really appreciate your help in evaluating the app and we welcome any constructive feedback you can give - we've done what we call a 'soft launch' where we'd rather get it out and being used by you than hold on to it for another few months. In that way, you hopefully get the benefit from the app now and we get feedback from real users so we can further improve the app for you.

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind regards and a Happy Easter to all

Martin

Health Tools Lead

NHS Choices

20 Replies
oldestnewest

I have just downloaded the NHS app. Mentioned and I will study more.

Thanks for the support. George 56

This is a really nice little app that works alongside the 12 week plan. Give it a go and let Martin know what you think 😊

I've just downloaded it too 😊

Hi Martin,

I've downloaded the app via iTunes. It's laid out extremely well. Thank you 👍🏼

I tried and because I live in the USA it's not available to me in the app store

1 like

Sorry about this Kaybug. I'll look into copyright/ permissions but, given NHS Choices is only commissioned to service England's health, providing content to the USA is stretching things a bit! :-)

Ok thanks

I've downloaded now - looks really good! I think I'll start filling in on Monday as a little reboot!

Gonna give it a try.....

Just downloaded it, and what's really helpful is the nutracheck app 👍 1st ✅

Though I have completed the 12 week plan I am still continuing to follow it so I will download it and try it out

realised I download the wrong app- the HU app so now just downloaded the correct one!

Thanks to everyone for trying the app. Like I said, I'd really like your thoughts on using it, both good and bad. Whilst we're happy to receive good comments, we can't fix the bad unless we know what you really think!

Good idea! Downloaded and will give it a whirl and feedback to you.

hi martin

I've just found out about nhs weight loss 12 week program its so good to have a app handy we're always on our phones so its easier for some of us to use the app and we're saving the trees (and printer ink) :)

Hi, using the app and loving it. The only problem is that if i am reading the weeks hints and tips page, after about five seconds, the page disappears and takes me to a screen with the apple, heart, scales and running man. Is there something I can do to fix this please. Thanks, Fresh

Not available for itunes outside UK :-(

Morning all! I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but there have been a few tweaks to the 12 week weight loss app prior to Christmas. The primary one being the carry over of the entered weight at the end of the week to the beginning of the next week. We've fixed some crashing issues so it's more stable now, although we're aware there are still a small number of you who are experiencing issues. Please feed back to me if it doesn't work for you, letting me know what phone you're using and what OS version.

FYI, there have been 46,000 iPhone downloads and 67,000 Android downloads so far. There was a large increase in downloads after Christmas, naturally.

If you're using it and can think of any improvements, please get in touch.

Martin

Health Tools Lead

NHS Choices

1 like

A great fan of motivational apps... just downloaded today, so will be sure to give feedback :)

First impressions are its a really clear, clean layout - looking very user friendly - looking forward to using.

Thanks Fifion. Would appreciate any feedback on long term use (not just from you, from anyone here)

- how easy is it to use?

- what are the niggles that frustrate you/prevent you from using it more

- at what point do you stop using the app (it's well known not everyone finishes the 12 weeks, but if we can find out why, then it will help us find a way of keeping people motivated)

- what are the benefits of having it as an app (linking to calorie checker/ BMI calc?)

- is the tone of the content what you want? Too condescending? Too blunt?

- any features you'd like to see added? We're not going to redevelop it as a calorie tracker as such - there are far too many tracker apps already out there and I'm not going to spend tax-payers money reinventing the wheel, but if there are simple additions that will help the functionality or usefulness of the tool, then I'm all ears.

Please email your thoughts to health.tools@nhs.net

Hope this helps, and many thanks for your kind offer

Martin

You may also like...