Chilli recipe (V) - 391 calories per serving

This recipe for vegetarian chilli makes 4 servings and comes to 391 calories (according to myfitnesspal) per serving.

-450g/1lb Butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks

-1 tbsp olive oil

- 100g/3.5 oz mushrooms, sliced

- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

- 400ml passata

- 2 tbsp tomato puree

- 400g canned kidney beans, drained

- 4 whole cloves

- 1 tsp ginger

- 1 tsp chilli powder

- 400g cooked brown rice (I cook my rice up and then serve a 100g portion. I'm not sure of uncooked weights as I freeze what I don't use immediately!)

Preheat the oven to 180. Toss the squash in half the oil, then spread on a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning once, until tender and slightly golden.

Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes until softened. Stir in the garlic, tomato puree, passata, kidney beans, cloves, ginger and chilli powder and bring almost to the boil. Part cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened. When the squash is cooked, stir it into the chilli. Serve with the rice.

The portion sizes are quite large for this meal hence why the rice serving is small. Hope you enjoy as much as me and my little one do!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This sounds delicious, Melissa, thanks for sharing :)

• I'm always game for new ideas. I've got some butternuts lying around. Thanks for this.

You may also like...