Slow fast!

Looking forward to breakfast already after my second fast day this week. Weight coming off slowly. I find the 500 cal fast days quite easy, but it's quite hard to not overeat on non fasting days! MyFitnessPal tells me I have logged in for 42 days now, which I feel quite pleased with. This forum has been a big part of the reason for helping me (mostly) stay on the straight and narrow. Thanks folks!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, do you feel dizzy at all?

• No, I don't feel dizzy, I don't get a headache. I do get hungry, but I try and ride the wave, or I drink water or have a cup of tea. I always plan it carefully. I cooked tonight's meal yesterday, so all I had to do tonight was heat it up. Standing in the kitchen cooking is when I might be tempted to nibble!

• Oh that's when i nibble too! How long have you been doing 5-2?

• Only my second week. I did it two years ago and very successfully. Put the weight back on last year when I ruptured two discs in my back. Tried to lose it with calorie restriction this time, but I hate feeling deprived every day, prefer to have just two days a week of calorie restriction.

• I'm toying with the idea of trying it again. I did it a year ago but only stuck a couple of weeks - my head was in the wrong place. I think I'd find it easier now. I prefer to only think about it twice a week, andiit's easier for going away at weekends which Ido a lot. Thanks

• It certainly fits in with a social life! Good luck!

• This my last week of the 12 week plan, and I seem to be at a plateau, feels like I need to shake things up a bit. How much did you lose last time?

• I lost 12lb over about four months, but I always lose slowly, and it was all I needed to lose. The thing I noticed most though was the inches fell off faster than the pounds on 5:2. Go for it Jiminy!

• Oh that sounds great - am very interested in inches!! 12lbs over 4 months is good too - I really want a slow steady loss. I'm aiming for 21lbs over the next 6 months. Thanks for your encouragement!

• I'm in my 3rd week of it now. I weigh myself every morning which I probably shouldn't. The1st week I lost 3lbs in 4 days but put it back on again so didn't actually lose anything. I carried on and since then I've lost 5lbs which is great. I don't exercise enough which is something I need to improve on. I don't seem to have any motivation to get out of the house.

• Hey well done! That's a great result. When those pounds continue to fall off, you will feel more like getting out and about. Onward and downward, innringer.

• Thanks, yes I already feel better with just a few pounds off so I'm looking forward to being able to move about a bit more without feeling yukky! Also I want to get into my clothes comfortably again!!

You may also like...