I can do it this time!

The weighing scales just flashed in the 18's for the first time ever and I can't describe the feeling!!! I am 43 now and the last time I was this weight I was about ages 18.

I don't know why my brain switched into it this time, maybe I just found a diet that suits and as I am losing weight quite quickly it keeps me motivated. I know because I am moving more - not just exercising but at all times of the day so I am overall more active. I don't think it is enough to be sedantry all day and then go to the gym for the day.

When I spoke to slim people or just watched them I noticed that they rarely sit down and are always on the go.

The forum is definitely helping me so I would advise people to be active on here.

I know I have 6 / 7 stone to go but that's fine, my progress has amazed me and everyone around me which just shows if I can do it anyone can do it! πŸ…

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

24 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Go Ella, go Ella, well done keep up the good work, all the best, jp.

• nicely done Ella.. you should be so proud of yourself.. you are doing so well and to be in the 18's now already is just WOW !!!

• Thanks. I honestly never thought I would ever get to celebrate weight loss and to all the newbies that struggle to start... you can do it too!

• That's fabulous, your doing amazing! Like you I have found this site to be such a support and switched the go button for me also. It's great that we don't just have to see the numbers on the scales to have the feeling that the weight has come off. Enjoy your week !

• Woohoo, Ella! WTG you! Into the 18's! Fandabedozy! My pom poms are in overdrive!! :)

Keep up the great work! :)

• Well done Ella, I'm so pleased for you. Your post has really made me smile, I can imagine your feeling of satisfaction. Keep up the good workπŸ€—πŸŽ‰

• That's fab, I bet you feel amazing! Well done for keeping going! I'm glad you stayed on the forum. πŸ˜€

Onwards and downwards! πŸ‘

• That is brilliant news you must be thrilled. You will definitely have to get some new clothes soon :)

• Fantastic EllaMidlands you are doing brilliant. It's a fantastic feeling isn't it. I know when I hit 18st same as you first time in god knows how many years I kept dancing round the room saying I'm in the 18s, lol. Keep up the great work.

Enjoy your day.

• Awww bless you and enjoy the feeling you are working hard for, keep up the fantastic efforts and soon it will be the 17's you are seeing flash before your eyes.β­οΈπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘β€οΈπŸŽ‰

• That's absolutely wonderful. What a great feeling!

• Good for you, I'm sure you can crack this this time.

I have a nephew also in his forties, very overweight or obese for most of his adult life. Last March , age 48 and 21stone, he had a light bulb moment, decided he would NOT get to be 50 and fat. He adopted a slow and steady healthy eating plan. Mostly fresh foods, not processed or convenience foods, he started to weigh the quantities ( and realised his portion sizes were double what they should be!) created some healthy recipes ... eg Hairy Dieter versions of favourites like bolognese, curry, soups, stews etc.

I recommended he use myfitnesspal to calorie count and record what he ate.. because it had worked for me and millions of others. My nephew has now lost SIX stone and is just at the top of healthy range, he goes cycling twice a week and is a confident, happy man ...even though it has cost him 3 new suits this year!!

Looks like YOU will be feeling the same very soon, and there are lots of us on here to encourage you. Good luck .

• Thank you for all the lovely comments from everyone xx

• Well done you ... Why dont you treat yourself to a fit bit. It counts your steps and motivates you to walk a little further even if its just to put the kettle on . :-)

• Well done! It's so unbelievably great. Thank you for sharing your story.

I feel exactly the same about moving about. I used to ask my son to get things from the top or the bottom shelves. I hated to pick up toys. Now I see it as free exercise. Being able to move is a blessing and we should celebrate it more.

• New numbers are such a delight - keep it going :)

• Fantastic Ella! Doesn't matter what the actual numbers are - it's knowing that you're turning back the clock on your health by several years that's the real boost. Been there, still doing it... and torn between feeling angry with myself for leaving it so long and then feeling WOOHOO! I can do this! Keep up your great progress - you're getting there πŸ‘πŸ»x

• Good point Ella. No good exercising and slouching around for the rest of the day.

• Lovely news Ella you can do it πŸ˜‰

• That's fantastic news EllaMidlands 😊😊😊 I'm so happy for you.

You are absolutely right about mindset, it makes all the difference 😊 Very well done

• Well done you have inspired me to carry on :)

• Well done you! Keep going you are obviously doing so well. Xx

• Ah Ella that's amazing you can do it πŸ‘ Good luck

• Ella, wow, fantastic that you have found your recipe for weight loss!πŸ‘πŸŽ†πŸ‘

You may also like...