Slowcooker lasagne

A very easy and lazy lasagne, slowcooker one, it's almost too easy! I make 2 portions worth.

200g lean mince ( I use 12% fat beef)

Dried oregano and basil, 1 teasp each

Half a can of chopped plum tomatoes

1 tbsp tomato puree

2 cloves of garlic crushed

1/2 beef stock cube

Lasagne sheets approx 3

Cheese sauce:

1 tablespoon of butter

Rice flour/ cornflour about 1 tbsp

Milk semi skimmed about 200 mls

30g very mature cheddar

Good dose of optional ( Brewers yeast) engevita

Mix raw mince , tomato puree, garlic, , stock cubes and herbs, mix well, add one layer to slowcooker, add lasagne sheets, and add one layer of very thick cheese sauce.

Repeat above, cook in slowcooker on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hrs, crisp in oven if desired, lovely flavour, tho more garlic taste than baked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Will have to try this, normally just do the Sunday meat in the slow cooker or a curry.

• I've posted a few other slowcooker ones under the section, partly in a bid to save on my fuel bill too, so much they can do!

This one saves time too, I never use the oven one now

• Hi Diana,

This recipe looks really good! Thank you for posting it!

Lowcal :-)

• I remember where to put them these days, had it tonight, and at times I really can't be bothered to cook anything more complex, I save the second portion for the freezer too!

• Looks great. How many cals? I've also been told that lasagne sheets can be swopped for leeks that have been slit down one side and opened up as sheets.

• Well based on an adapted weight watchers recipe 500 cals , the engevita of course enhances the cheese flavour, roasted peppers you could use tho as filling, you could of course use 5% fat mince tho it could detract from flavour

• Thanks, I've never used engevita before.

• Engevita is at independent health food stores or online

• Thank you Diana I am going to do this I love a lasagne but hate the washing up and this seems to cut some of that out! I use my slow cooker most days always do my spag Bol in it and it's the only way my husband likes his "roast" chicken done now. Will also be buying some engevita as well