Happiness is not a destination

I've just heard this phrase used in relation to a healthy eating and exercise plan, basically saying if you're not enjoying the plan, if you don't think you can still be enjoying doing this in 6 months time, then you are following the wrong plan. This is such an important part of sticking to a plan long term, it simply has to be sustainable, has to be enjoyable, the actual process of getting slimmer and fitter has to make us happy TODAY 😊 because Happiness isn't a destination, it's a way of life 😊

Happy Weekend folks 😊

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Anna61 good one ....I like thatπŸ‘

• I agree with that!

Some people think I've been on a diet since January because I've been losing weight. I haven't. I've been eating to maintain the weight I want to be. I've avoided adding exercise I have no intention of continuing.

When I reach goal weight, nothing changes; I'll just stop losing weight. I think you could call it the 'eat for the body you want, not the body you have' diet.

• So true! :-)

• I couldn't agree more Anna! My sentiments exactly! :)

How are you, by the way? :)

• I'm doing ok thank you, reduced my painkillers today and feel fine 😊 Walking my little 5 minute circuit 3 times a day 😊

Looking forward to a weekend with my hubby and family ❀️

Have a good weekend too moreless 😊

• Great news Anna, I'm so pleased that your recovery is going well :)

Have a great weekend with your hubby and family :)

• Yes, well said Anna :)

• It's true i love it and i love the fact that I'm still here after over10 month onwards and downwardsπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

• And me 😊13 months and still enjoying the process 😊

• I've never lasted this long before, it will be a year in October and 2st 13lbπŸ˜ƒ I'm hoping for another 1lb loss before we go to the caravan next Saturday for a week of relaxation lol i hope you have a nice weekendπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘onwards and downwardsπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Thats really good rosie-2015 😊 You will look and feel fab for your holiday 😊

You're doing very similar to me 😊 I'm 3lbs away from three stone . . . recent surgery has left me unable to exercise but I am still eating healthily so weight loss is a little slower but still going in the right direction 😊

• I hope your recovery is quick and pain free or as pain free as possible your healthy eating and cheery personality will helpπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ‘night night i hope you have a good sleepπŸ‘

• Hi Anna nice to see you posting on here hope you are recovering well and taking easy, better this week than last. πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸ’

• Haha 😊 Thank you, Yes, I was just saying that!!

How are you Itsbab ? Hope you have something good planned for the weekend 😊

• Hi glad you are ok, I am on holiday at the moment drove down to Cornwall through the night and it's sunny now but I think rain is for cast.

• As long as you see some sunshine 😊 Have a good time, Cornwall very pretty 😊

• Thankyou and take care of yourself.

• I am about to start week 12, have lost just over a stone and still as keen, if not keener. Wise words. Xx

• Glad you are making a good recovery Anna61. I'm sure your 3lb will be gone soon. Take care of yourself and have a good weekend.

• Thank you Cockneyblue 😊 Had another good nights sleep and woke up with minimal pain 😊

Not stressing about weight loss just yet but I'm within a stone of my supposed 'healthy' weight which would be great 😊

Have a good weekend 😊

You may also like...