5ft2 Ladies

Hello all,

I am just writing a post to gather some better insight into other people's weight loss journeys.

I am currently 5ft 2 and 61.1 kg (9 stone 9 lb) with a BMI of 24.6

My starting weight in January was 67.6 (10 stone 9 lb) with a BMI of 27.2

My goal weight is 57.3 kg (9 stone) with a BMI of 23, by June. 

What is your current/goal/start weight 5ft 2 ladies?

How have you found your weight loss journey so far?

Any tips on how I can shift those last 9 pounds?

M xx

12 Replies

• I am 5.2. Current weight is 9st 10lb and I am reasonably happy at this  I would like to lose another few pounds but accept that to do so is going to mean a slow journey, and keeping my calories down to around 1400 calories a day   At my heaviest I was just under 13 stone 

• Congratulations on your achievement so far!

I think you are right, slow and steady wins the race. 

• Hi M,

Just to say you've made great progress!  Well done.  

I am a completely different height to you, but I just wanted to wish you well with your remaining pounds to lose.  

Lowcal :-)

• Aw, thanks Lowcal for your positive support!

It is always good to remember I am over the majority of the weight loss journey and the next stage just depends upon patience and consistency!

M x

• I was nearly 12 stone when started it, due to my thyroid being under active in now that was about4 years ago. I'm now7 at10 and I'm reasonably happy. Karen

• Congratulations on your progress, a 2 stone weight loss is definitely something to be happy about! :-)

• sorry but I'm 7 st 10 not 10 st.

• I am 5'1" and was 13 1/2 stone, down to about 11 1/2 and the BMI chart suggests between 7/9 stone which seems like a million miles away right now!!! I am hoping to get under 10 stone then will review. I try not to think about the numbers just enjoy the process, eat foods I like (within the eating plan I am following, ) move more and concentrate on health and fitness. 

Good luck with the last pesky pounds, you have done really well 😊

• I am just under 5'2" and when I last dieted I got down to 10stone and, even if I do say so myself, looked just right.

• Well done on your weight loss success.  This is my week 3 of the plan. Started at 11st 11..I think and down to 11st 5. I can't wait to get out of the 11st range and am aiming for 9st. I have started exercise and using fitness pal. You have done a great job and are nearly there and wonder how you found it

• I am very similar in height. 154 cm and my starting weight was 70 kg.

My aim at the moment is 60 kg, although 56kg is 'ideal' - most ppl said I was unnatural with that weight in the past. I will be happy with 60kg :) Hopefully soon.

• Keep going at it, progress is progress :-)

You may also like...