Around the world in 80 days - Please post your kms/steps/miles for Thursday 11 February (Part 1)

Around the world in 80 days - Please post your kms/steps/miles for Thursday 11 February (Part 1)

Dear Travellers,

Thank you for your congratulations and well wishes. I love the name Little Miss Fizz :D :D

You'll be pleased to know the steamer has had to go on a different route to get to US. Our first stop is Guam - looks alright to me! Activities include spin class, yoga, snorkelling, crab racing, beach volleyball and building sandcastles.

Happy Travels everyone :D :D :D

Last edited by

59 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Afternoon all, only managed to do 11,356 steps today. Lovely weather having.

Karen xxx

• There's no only about that Karen, that's a great number of steps! :)

• Ooh moreless liking your new tag 😜

😇

• Thanks Flossie :)

• hi Karen you ONLY managed to do 11,356 steps today a big well done i wish i was like you that could do that many wow Alan xx

• I'm assuming you're still on cloud 9 Liz and rightly so. You may even be out there buying all sorts of things in preparation for Little Miss Fizz :)

I'm on cloud 9 in Guam! It looks absolutely stunning and a perfect location for rest and recuperation.

I've had Colin (my crab) in training for the crab races and I'm pretty sure he's going to be a winner.

I've been busy with my bucket and spade too and have managed to build a life size model of Balmoral Castle! ;) That's pretty good for an afternoon's work, eh? :D

My total for today is 8.68K's, but had to stop there, as it was a bit sore on the old knees.

Hopefully I'll manage more tomorrow :)

• Hi Moreless,

Well done for doing those kms despite your sore knees. Hope they recover really soon.

I'll be back later to report my kms, as might be able to do a few more steps this evening. :-)

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks Lowcal, it's baby steps at the mo :)

I'm sure you'll be back with some fab totals as usual :)

• I think you should stand down Colin - you need to manage his expectations :D My crab, Clemmy won last year race for the whole of Guam and was the runner-up for the regionals :D :D

• Oh no! Colin is going to give Clemmy a run for his money, he's the up-and-coming contender for the title. Clemmy's had his day and he's past it now! :D

• I like your new avatar, it is very stylish. How are the bruises from yesterday?

• Thanks LtL, just fancied a change :) Very black! :D

• I'm very impressed with your Ks today moreless after yesterday's flying stunts ! I'd have been nursing my bruises on the sofa all day !!

• I was concerned I may never be able to move again! You would not believe the parts of me that ache! :D

• Hi, I would love to play beach Volleyball. My kms for 11th Feb are 2.52.

• We're just waiting for enough travellers to make up the teams Marianne :)

Thanks for your K's :)

• Thank you moreless. Hope you are not too stiff and feeling ok today.

• I'm feeling much better today thanks Marianne :)

• Brilliant...

• Ha, ha I thought WE were the crabs! Sometimes I feel like one. 12.1 k today, settling in at around that amount each day. Should be more tomorrow. Enjoyed snorkeling today, but swallowed too much salt-water - saw a huge shark like thing in the water. Put probably only my imagination. And hurt my shoulder with the volleyball - my I am crabby today. 😈

• A spot of yoga will sort out your yin and yang JC :)

That's a great number to be settling in at :)

• Hi Lizzy

6500 for me today - can you tell the sun has been shining?!

xx

• I think you've got a tan Runningsoon! ;)

Great steps! :)

• Guam looks lovely and all those activities sound great!

Today, I decided to take it easy, just 17.31kms for me (it only seems a short while ago that would have defeated me - and now it is a rest day, lol)!

• It's amazing how you've progressed LtL :)

Fantastic number for a rest day! :)

• 9759 steps 7.4km

• Well done bd :)

• Today 12.7km 😃 So happy, hope to be back on track soon

😇

• Woohoo Flossie!! Wtg you! I'm so pleased you're feeling so much better! :)

• 8,956 steps today. Not too sure where I would find Guam on the map - it's all very educational here!

• If you google Guam Saga, you can get maps that show you where it is :)

Well done for your steps :)

• 10:2km :)

• Great number Cazmaz :)

• 6.5 km on crosstrainer only

• Fantastic Aqua :)

• Well, I'm still totally exhausted from Idris rubbing all that coconut oil into my back yesterday- so i gave myself the day off today : )

P.S. Lizzy - I'm so happy for your news : )

• That must have been very tiring for you Marmite :-)

• exhausting batty

• LOL MR! :D :D :D

• Ah what a lovely day on a tropical island :-)

Shame moreless's crab tripped and fell at the last minute, sticking her little pincers into the sand with a splat ;-) Give Clemmy his due, he might be a veteran crab, but he's still got some speed in him.

The crab salad prepared for everyone at the end of the race was especially tasty :-D

Anyway, our totals for today are :

Me - 8.7k run and 4.5k dog walk

Mr L - 6.5k dog walks

Mr L thinks he's going to be out of running action for a while as his run yesterday caused his calf lots of problems again - lazy sod :-)

• At least Colin was tender and not tough and chewy like Clemmy! :o

Well done both of you, but I think you need to have a word with chubbymummy, Lucca, she used the word dadbod on Mr C and suddenly he was clocking up the K's like nobody's business! ;) :D

• I do feel a bit sorry for him, as I know he really wants to get out and run again (he's a bit of a star at running in reality !).

Anyway, he's put away the tube of Deep Heat, and produced a tube of 'Deep Freeze' instead in the hope it smelt better. It still stank but had the unfortunate effect of driving the cat absolutely mad with desire :-O Must have been the mint - we have problems with her anyway when the cat mint is growing in the garden, but this was like nothing I'd seen before !! Even the dog had to hide... :-D

• Maybe that's the way it's supposed to work! He'll forget the pain when he's legging it away from the cat! :D

• I unexpectedly went on a sightseeing tour around the peaks and watched the starling murmation which included a very quick 8km walk today. I'll give the run to work a rest tomorrow I think.

Back to Parkrun on Saturday though.

• Yaaay for the starlings! :)

We'll see you saturday then Geza! :)

• Watch out! My crab has been to a secret training camp so he will be very hard to beat!!!!!! Add me to the beach volleyball team too.

Today I did 3.9 km

• Unfortunately Britdiane, Lucca scoffed Colin and Clemmy! :o Great that the volleyball team is growing :)

Great K's! :)

• Thanks for the warning, I will keep my super crab hidden 🦀🦀🦀

• Very wise! :D

• Lovely. What a day! 5.8km only from me though.

• Sounds good to me rainshine :)

• hi Lizzy i've done 1569 steps today take care Alan xx

• Well done Alan :)

• hi there many thanks its an improvement so watch this space take care Alan

• I certainly shall Alan! :)

• hi there many thanks Alan

• Great effort again Alan. This has been a good week for you so far. Long may it continue xx

• hi there many thanks, its your support that is helping, how have you been today o.k i hope, take care speak to you tomorrow your friend Alan xx

• 5915 steps for yesterday ☀️

You may also like...