Why did I worry about this week

I left a post last Monday worrying about overnight in hotel and couple meals out thanks to all who replied with encouragement and tips. Well only my weigh-in tomorrow will tell but I think it was okay. Eating in a pub on Wednesday lunchtime we went to a Wetherspoons and gold stars to that chain every item on the menu is calorie counter. I had the skinny steak which was lovely and eating in a restaurant on the Saturday evening I asked for a steak with just a bowl of salad it wasn't on the menu but wasn't a problem. At the hotel I was sensible and strong willed also as after mentioning that I was on a diet to waitress when having my evening meal she then asked if she could get me a bowl of fresh fruit when I declined all the desserts. Fingers crossed for my weigh-in tomorrow I don't mind not losing just don't want to have put any pounds back on

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow! That is so nice that everyone was so encouraging at the hotel. Good for you that you were able to stick to your diet. Fingers crossed! Good luck!

• Very positive. Shows your mind is working on healthy.

• Well done - really pleased it went well for you.

We had a work Wetherspoons lunchtime trip the other day - it was "Chicken Day"!!! Like you I was knocked out by the calorie counted everything - SO helpful. Helped me choose something and then really enjoy it (as opposed to choosing and then either leaving the dressing / coleslaw etc - or eating it but then feeling guilty and doing the downward spiral thing later!).

Rather hoping that some other well-known chains will follow ...

Anyway, welcome back to what is hopefully a more "normal" week. Good luck!

You may also like...